dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash intro, price estimate

Flash intro, price estimate

Hi, I'm new to the boards. I have a quick query that I hope you guys won't mind answering. I dabble in Flash and created an intro sequence for an e-commerce site, http://www.everyonedoesit.com. I've been asked to come up with a figure but I do not know how much to charge. I was wondering if you could kindly view the intro throw me a rough estimate. I was asked to do the intro only, the music and rest of the site was done by others.

I realise that it depends on many factors (time, experience, etc) but I'd simply like to know how much you'd charge personally. Thanks very much for your time.

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    I think it's very good.

Unfortunately there are two problems with your query...

1) we just aren't allowed to tell you what you should charge. Shoot... if it were me, I would like to charge $1,000,000. Would they pay it? Don't know. If it were you... well I guess only you can answer that.

2) I am almost positive that it is gonna be veiwed as inappropriate for FK's G-rating and the url will probably be removed.

Developer
    Originally posted by serpent star
    I am almost positive that it is gonna be veiwed as inappropriate for FK's G-rating and the url will probably be removed.
    Yea... I was going to post, but decided not to based on the content...

Cool

I'm impressed. I would say it's an expensive intro and your Flash newb status is well masked by your ability as an illustrator. I'd charge by the hour, figuring that the going rate for a Flash animator is about the same as a web designer ($30 to $65 US). In my experience the price per hour range really depends on the client and your relationship with them. In the future you should settle the budget before you begin.

Nice work!

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Good stuff, man.

(and the animation's cool too).

Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Thanks guys. I appreciate the input. Sorry if the content is too controversial, I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Developer
    No problem... I do like the animation/charicters...