A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: History Back Button

Banned
    No, there's no history function (that I know of!) built in the standalone player. But you can write one, as I did and posted, and as others have suggested, doing exactly what this thread starter asked for. That it be in a .swf embedded in a browser, or a projector file, changes nothing.
    So relax also! I didn't attack you nor was I really answering your question. I was answering this thread starter's question.

The world goes - hm.. TheCaramella's Avatar
    Second door on the right, next to the ice bear
    Excuse me?
    Harassing you without explanations?
    I posted a .fla and a link to another one!
    Do you want us to do the complete job for you? Or what?
    That's what I meant. That's not nice. End of discussion - from my part.
    And as a matter of fact - I'm not a "he", sergwiz - I'm a "she". And I take offence - easily. As "she's" are used to do...

Wowhhhh
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Dear TheCaramella, please, excuse me. If I knew from the very beginning that you are "she" (though I could guess after words "harassing me"), I would not argue with you. I know it is useless to argue with a woman.
    But I was unpleasantly surprised with that that you did not want to look at the offered examples, but made a "confused face" and wanted everything to be explained to you. You have no time for viewing files, but you are sure that others have time for detailed explanations on the foreign language.
    Please, try to explain to me how the example by oldnewbie is made. I am not sure, that you will be able to do this. Because it should be seen. It is impossible to describe or to explain some things by words, it should be touched with hands. And you, as a woman, should understand it better than others.
    From my part - end of discussion too.

The world goes - hm.. TheCaramella's Avatar
    Second door on the right, next to the ice bear
    This is sexual harassment, and I don't accept it. If this was my first day on this board, i'd left immediately.
    This is no board/thread for serious people searching knowledge, or willing to share knowledge.
    I asked a simple yes/no question, which was finally answered with no.
    And one: you can't demand people to look at your files.
    two: this board isn't a xmas tree. You can't put out files as an "answer" to a question, without telling people what their content is, what you show.
    And when it comes to oldnewbie's code: you're perfectly right, I can't explain how it's made.
    He hasn't written a single line explaining what he's - at least to me - unknown syntax means.
    But so what? Does it make me a bad person, a non-understanding idiot?
    WHat does that make all the rest of the people on this board, who ask simple questions, that are difficult enough for them?
    Maybe I - because of my sex - have the ability to see a bit further than just express my blind rage. I can see that it doesn't do this forum any good.

For the future, to everybody: if you want to criticize and make someone look stupid: do it off the board!
    I've got a button with pm written on it, under my messages. many of us have. Use them for discussions like these!
    Or best of all: leave it. If you haven't got anything constructive to say, shut your mouth (keep off the keyboard) while saying it.
    Think twice, it always looks stupid when you put yourself in a situation where you've got to be even angrier to try to make the impression you didn't make a fool of yourself initially.

PS: Yes and no are usually good answers to simple yes-no-questions.

Banned
    New Year's therapy... And FREE on top of it!

You're taking this all too seriously! After all, these forums, their users and their posts, are not a cure for cancer nor will they prevent some stupid and more and more probable stupid war for fuel!