A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: When It Really Counts

When It Really Counts

http://www.firstfridayscolumbus.com

This site was built about two weeks ago and since its launch the client has told about three people to go check it out. Well those three people complained about various things that could all have been because of other problems to their own individual computer.

I wanted to get some multi-level experienced flash input on:

1. What do you think?
    2. Did you have any problems?
    2a. If you had problems what were they?
    3. What kind of computer are you on?
    4. Whats your connection speed.

If I can get that from a couple of individuals I would be grateful. Thanks for reading! Thanks for Viewing! Thanks for responding!

Start with a good point, well done for using a HTML skip intro button, this will make sure that people who have an error on that page can still get to the content of the site, also they don't have to wait as often skip intro buttons inside movies don't work.

I am using Windows XP, IE6, broadband 512k.

One major problem is I couldn't find how to turn the music off. I am curently listening to music, and having two bits of music running at the same time doesn't work, so I would love to see a music mute button.

The site seems to be quite slow, it studders a lot, which no Flash sites ever do on my Pentium 4 1.4GHz, perhaps looking at the tween sizes might help you there.

In the HTML, apart from the errors caused by Flash you have valid HTML 4.01, good work.
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...yscolumbus.com

TE

asheep_uk,

Thanks for going lite on me.

Thanks for your advice.

When you say "perhaps looking at the tween sizes might help you there", what do you mean by that and how would I do that?

Thanks for the link to the validation site too, thats cool.

Thanks once again

Originally posted by Cuban Pixel
    When you say "perhaps looking at the tween sizes might help you there", what do you mean by that and how would I do that?
    Well all your tweens are pictures, and big pictures at that, such as 3D graphics that spin round, and a lot of them. I would perhaps remove the one in the background, that should make the rest of the Flash move quicker.

TE

Thanks asheep_uk

I am almost done revising it and I will get back here to post it. Thanks alot!

ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY COMMENTS ON THE SITE ABOVE?
    ( http://www.firstfridayscolumbus.com )

If you want more reviews, you really need to review other peoples sites, you know all fair etc.

TE