dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Another Dumb Question

Another Dumb Question

When you're creating a Flash Web-Site, does each page have to be it's own movie/file, or can you make several (i.e. 5) pages on one movie.

I've been building a site and I've got about 6 scenes and I've treated each one like a seperate web-page? Is this going to work for when I publish? Or do I need to do something different?

Thanks in advance!

Hi MarinerFan,

It's up to you.

You can have a seperate flash file on each page if you'd like, or use one movie on one page to do the works (scenes are good for this), or load other flash movies from within the first movie - just depends which you find easier, and which one works best for you.

Of course, if you include the whole site in one movie file, and it's rather heavy on the size, it will take longer to load if you want the whole movie preloaded. Loading movies within movies can help solve this as the end-user will only need to load what they wish to see.

It's all a matter of taste really - I personally don't think there's a right or wrong way, provided it's effective and you're not hanging around for years waiting for it to load.

- Cerious.

Thanks for the intelligent response Curious. I appreciate it.