A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swift 3D Rendering

ok.....i made some **** in Swift3D and i went to render it.....and it take s FOREVER and i dont think its my system...i got an AMD Athlon 750 w/ 256 megs of pc133 ram so i'm ok there...i think...any sugestions?
    [Edited by theMatrix on 10-19-2000 at 04:41 PM]

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

Moving to Swift 3D.

Can you post a URL - what shading model did you use, how many frames, was it text with bevels ... and so forth?

thanks.

well......

its text...about 40 frames.......ummm....not totally complicated.....just takes FOREVER

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

Try fewer frames, area shading or average fill, remove bevels from the text. Also, try using sans-serif fonts.

In many cases, I find it useful to experiment on a single frame before going through an entire animation.

There are a couple known problems with the current renderer. Check the customer site for new builds and don't hesitate to contact Electric Rain customer support if the render hangs or continues to take a very long time no matter what you do.

good luck!

could it possibly be that using test causes this?
    i had the same problem, and it also with text, and my system specs are almost identical with yours (maybe its AMD's fault? i doubt a processor could effect it).

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

Many text animations will work just fine. There are certain types of geometry and orientations that give the renderer problems. I've worked with several people on this issue. Often, changing fonts and/or orientation helps.

good luck!

okies....

Thanx Alot..i'll try those sugestions!!!!

Originally posted by theMatrix
    I've worked with several people on this issue. Often, changing fonts and/or orientation helps.

good luck!
    Yes.. IM one of those ppl lol the first animation I tried took over 2 hours!! then Matrix helped out and the new one took about 15 minutes and looked 20 times better! Thx Matrix

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

You are most welcome.

Have a great weekend

LOL I almost forgot its the weekend YAY no school, ..i'v been on the pc too long..forgetting the days..hehe

You too

rofl

hehe...Same Here

Re: rofl

hehe..you live in Ontario cool same here

sweet

were abouts?

Re: sweet

LONDON ..hehe im getting lucky..all my posts are on the light color yellow so my sig matches

kewl....

i live in Barrie

Re: kewl....

Cool .. now it doesnt match lol

caithness massiv
    i'm rendering like 200 frames right now... on an 1100 athalon... and i know it will take a while.... so i figured i'd drop in...

what's the seceret to quick rendering?

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

I don't believe there is any 'secret', other than avoiding certain types of text and keeping polygon counts as low as possible for your intended result.

Render times should be much better in V2.0 as E-Rain focused primarily on getting the new shading technology to work well in the first release. New outline algorithms and other improvements should also decrease file sizes.

good luck!

Byron Zed
    Don't the movie dimensions matter too when rendering? I noticed when you make your x y dimensions bigger (500,500 for instance) the rendering takes much longer. if you use smaller dimensions, it runs faster. Although other criterias mentioned here are also factors, this could well be a reason for the long duration..

just my thought..

cheers.

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

I haven't studied the correlation directly, but there may be an issue with having to generate more curves with much larger windows - do you have some actual timing statistics to post?

Perhaps E-Rain will comment on this.

Thanks for your thoughts.