A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: need help on paying flash job!!!!!!!!!!

i got a job and its my first one. I have a little work in flash and swift 3d and 3d max but what im trying to do i cant find an fla for so i would be willing to trade money or a program (swift 3d bought and payed for)for help in this project cause i already got the job i just need to finish it to get payed and get more jobs.
    The problem i have is i have a 3d object (lets say a box)
    and i want the person using the mouse to be able to see all sides of the box at their own free will and maybe to zoom in and out.but not just a rotating box
    a still one with the option of moving it around to see all angles. If ya think you can do it i can pay or trade no problem. if ya show mw you can make it so i can pay or trade in advance.

Debofly.

icq is 41259400

Smile

Congrats on gettng your first job!

Although there might not be one particular movie in the movie section that will do what you want it to. I know that there are a bunch there that you can take apart and splice together to create what it is you want. The reason I say this instead of just handing you a finish script, is because you will learn so much more by creating it yourself.

You say you just want to finish this job and move on to the next. Just think of what you can bring to the next job with the new knowledge you gained by the last one.

If you feel you might have trouble doing it yourself, I know that their are aobout 7000 people here that are willing to help you.

So here is something that might help you:

In your movie create a new Symbol. Choose Movie for the type of symbol and give it any name. Next in that new symbol import your SWF that you made in Swift3D. On the first frame put a Stop action. Then go back to your main movie. Now drag the movie on to the stage. Double click on it and give the Instance name mybox. Then create a button. Then drag the button on to the stage and double click on it. In the actions tab, choose Tell Target. Choose /mybox as the target. Then add a Go To action and choose next frame. Now whenever you click this button the MC will move one frame forward. Create another button that will do the same thing but instead go to previous frame.

Experiment with this a little bit and you can do some really cool things like rotating and scaling the box. Also, download those movies in the Interactive Actionscript section. There is so much to learn there.

Have fun. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Alex
    [Edited by Triadis on 06-09-2000 at 01:50 AM]

thanks

i kinda wanted to do it myself if i could its just that wheni started learning flash alot of people didnt want to explain to a newbie how to do anything .they just wante to complain about not reading any tutorials even thought i had
    so i didnt want anyone to think i was looking for completely free advice. But tell targeting is what i wanted to learn next anyway .This forum is cool ,eveyone acts like an adult here not like they are on some game server. i will play around with that and thanks for the help dude i really appreciate it alot.This is a big compant and it would look good on my resume (swift 3d got me the job cause the guy was so immpressed i put it in 3d in such a short time) and i would be happy to give you some of the credit on the final but when im finished . So ill let ya know how it goes have to go to my day job now and ill work on it when i get back . Again thanks alot dude

Blue Skies,
    Debofly

Talking TRY METASTREAM

Have you heard a product called metastream?

it sounds very much like something you should use for this purpose. Have a look at their site http://www.metastream.com and look at the demos.

you need to download a plugin much like flash4, but some of the stuff you can do is amazing. Import any 3D rendered shape, and the user can look at it in any angle from the browser window. rotate, zoom in, have highlightable sections, interactive 3d models... VERY COOL.

Old Way.

A while ago, there was a way that people used to do what you are talking about, but it would take an hour easily (maybe a little less) just on one shape. The point is to have invisible boxes over your shape. When the user goes over that invisible button, the button would send the user to a certain part of the movie, revealing a picture of the box as if it were draged to that position. If you don't understand I'll try to explain again.

Let's just go with horizontal bars now

===========
    ===========
    ===========
    ===========

Pretend that those are 3 invisible boxes, going horizontally. Your picture is a $. whe your mouse in on the middle one, nothing moves. When your mouse is at the top button/box, the button does:

On Over
    Goto and Stop ("top")
    end on

Top would be a keyframe that would be a pic of the $ that is pushed inward at the top, and the bottom is sticking foward. Get it? Hope so. When you read this, email : webmaster@atomikdesign.com

Post video for flash

I don't know if I can help on this I am just learning flash myself, but I'll try, and if I can I'll post it here. Just to let you know though, flash put's out a video tape on using Flash, It's pretty good. You can get it on macromedia's web site.

finished?

don't know if you finished this...but it doesn't matter. I think a nice way to accomplish what you want to do is track the mouse coordinates with a movie clip and then have the object spin based on those coordinates, it would look very smooth and the cursor would never turn into a hand and you don't need to click a button to goto next frame (I think that is very amateurish)

let me know if you still need help.

Kevin(@magnetizedmarketing.com)