dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Preloader Sharing??

Preloader Sharing??

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to share my preloader? I am not an expert with movieclips...Maybe someone can help me.
    Thanks a ton!
    Katy

Banned
    SHARE your preloader? Or help you out with one?

Preloader

Oh I'm sorry, I need help
    I want to be able to put my preloader in a shared library and use it again and again. Any knowledge of this??
    THanks!
    katy

shared preloader

me too

I've done this succsessfully in Flash 5

I've done this succsessfully in Flash 5.

I came to this thread to ask why I'm having trouble today with my Shared Preloaders preloading into the Main Interface. I'ts causing my content to not load. See what I'm talking about. Is it because I'm using MX to edit the old Flash 5 file? I havn't changed any "Flash 5 only" features.
    But more on that later.

Let's talk Preloaders and Shared Libraries.
    You've not stated a specific problem so I'm just gonna tell you what I think is relevent to the situation.

My virtual tour at the link above uses three kinds of swf files
    (1)MainInterface (the home)
    (2)Shared Library (all buttons and preloaders that load into the content files)
    (3)Content (one of many files that load the shared library items and get loaded into the interface)

I built this tour in Flash 5. Flash MX does not use shared libraries as such. Instead each movie clip has liknkage properties. I'm not yet experienced enough with these to give info. (Mabe that's my problem?)

One reason the Shared Library swf is separate from the MainInterface is so I can update the version # of the Main Interface without having to change the address for shared items in every Content swf.

The code in the preloader counts the data loaded into it's parent (the Content swf).
    The preloader needs to be loaded into a Content swf at run-time (as opposed to the MainInterface) so that this counting can proceed properly.

When a Content swf loads into the MainInterface it tends to want the preloader to be available already. This has caused some problems for me. At first I solved it by loading these shared item in a hidden frame of the MainInterface preload sequence. But (only recently without a cause it seems) this is no longer working. So I can't say how to get your preloader preloaded.

Let's hope more people have input for us ...
    multimedia artist

boards@soundsculpting.org

Banned
    Here's an input for your signature's picture...

It should be no larger than 300*40.