A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please Help (eCommerce Flash-Mx Performance)

Please Help (eCommerce Flash-Mx Performance)

Hello Everybody,

I have been trying to figure out a solution to Performance/Load/Stress testing. There are hundreds of softwares and other solutions available to do a Performance/Load/Stress testing on websites build using "HTML Forms" but I haven't found a any kind of medium(software/method) to do a similar testing on websites developed using Flash-MX.

For example, there are DB connections and the Flash interface is linked to ASP 3.0 and SQL Server. The problem is that I need to test if the application can handle several users(I am talking in terms of thousands of users) and do the Load/Stress.

Thanks and HAve a GREAT day !

you might want to try the macromedia developer forums for this one. That seems like a difficult task.

html forms are the same as flash forms, both still need asp and sql to handle the variables, therefore their is no difference.

Yes, there is a difference between Flash forms and HTML forms when it comes to Load/Stress testing. The reason being that the softwares that are used to do the Load/Stress test will need the url of each and every individual "form" and you cannot achieve that in flash since everything is happening in one single borwser window.

You might want to take a look at how those Load/Stress softwares work!

Thanks though !