dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: band site. fixed some things

band site. fixed some things

http://www.ultrababyfat.com

addressed some comments from last site check. new sound files and bigger pics. any comments?

Sleepy
    HA! that site was cool It had a very "That 70's Show" feel to it..

I missed the last post so lemme give you my thoughts:

Nice navigation, sure was easy to figger out

In sections where you are scrolling text (like news/tourdate/etc) the scroll interval is too fast. Some people may be reading while they scroll, and scrolling that fast will trash their eyes

One other thing. While moving through the sections the group image and name (on the right) never change. You may want to look into either using different images on the right, or have it change in some other way (like for each section maybe on band member does something different in the pic)? ... kinda like what the user can do manually in the photo section. Just an idea

Interesting name, and very good site
    Last edited by Gary022576; 01-09-2003 at 05:21 PM.
    Uh...where's my underwear?

Board at Work
    Agree with Gary. Either move the graphic overlaying the text a bit or slow down the scroll.

Also, I think the graphic behind the nav is a bit clashing with the rest of the site. Other than that I love it. Your splash page is great.
    --------------------------------------------------
    ryan fitzgerald
    www.lostbeauty.com

Boobies are Fun

typographic issues

You have some issues with your typography on the site.
    1. Your title treatment looks a lot like "Ultrababyrat" not fat. why not use the type treatment that they have on the album, which uses all upper case?
    2.you're using a script type font that looks like papyrus on the music section. This is the only place you use this font? Why not just use the standard san serif that you use for other content text.
    3. the typography in both the buy and press kit sections is not working. It looks haphazard and well.... not good. simplify it.
    4. All of that content text should have some sort of consistancy. NEEDS some sort of consistancy between sections.

5. finally, not type related, you need to do something with the area surrounding the site. the bright white is BRIGHT! and needs to be broken up with something.

P.s i would put the actions for the scroll buttons on the on(press) state rather than on(rollOver)

good work
    #$@%*&%!

thanks everyone. ultrababyrat!!! pretty funny...i changed the scrolls to onPress. question...how do the songs and pictures load? do they take awhile? too long??? thanks again...

Wow! Great music! Very like the Pixies.

I don't think the buttons should make a sound while the music is playing.

Your tour dates needs an update (or is that Nov 2, 2003?) Someone said it looks like ultrababyrat - I had to really squint to see that, it looks fine like it is. I didn't notice the loading bar at first when I clicked the music buttons. Maybe you can make the music fade out instead of stopping short when a different track is slected. The music loaded fine, not too long to wait.

Boobies are Fun
    hey you also have your button sound playing on the on(rollout) state? Move it to either the on(release) or on(press) state.

I would change that sound too.