dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A Small Bug in Design ??????

A Small Bug in Design ??????

Hi Everyone...

SanjayDesign is my personal web site, Portfolio of my Web Design & Print Media work.
    I tried a different concept in my web site, called 'A Small Bug in Design'. (I don't know what you guys thinks about it )
    It describes my passion about web design & also never satisfied with my own designs... I called it 'A Small Bug in My Design'
    please take a look at it and let me know what you think about this BUG
    The site still needs some work (may be a rework ) but any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Please have a look & be Gentle

http://www.sanjaydesign.com

Music Credits: Calpomatt & Flashkit

Thanks
    Sanjay
    Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Creativity is...you have to Create it for yourself.

Helloooooooooo anybody home?????
    It seems that not any one of you found any BUG in my site???? or maybe no one has understood the concept???

waiting for some critiques
    Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Creativity is...you have to Create it for yourself.

forever depreciated™ aaron.martone's Avatar
    2 words

NEW HOST. I have a 2020Kbps download (approx 252 KB/sec) and it took well over 3 minutes to download your website. (in the same time and at that speed I could have downloaded 45 MEGABYTES) Please tell me it's your host and not the actual file size.

Secondly, I don't really recommend showing pictures of yourself online; but if you have to a more professional business attire and do so from the waist up. This is just a suggestion; if you want to go pro-design-ish, by all means slap your face up there every which way to sunday.

As for the website, it's rather good bro. Color, layout, positioning; all done very well. You seem to have a perfectionist's attitude, in that you're never happy with your work (I have the same issue, and I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse) Speed up the transitions JUST a smidge faster. Watchin the bug move everything is nice and all, but after a couple transitions, you notice he's rather slow....

Good job.

(am)™ :: aaron.martone ::
    http://www.aaronmartone.com

"I see in layers; I think in ActionScript; Life is my animation and animation is my life.... oh, and I like corn dogs."

Hi A.M.
    Hey man you have got 252 KB/sec speed & you took 3 min. to load the site???? here its take only 1 min. on 56k dialup connection. i just can't figured it out... maybe its the Host...

thats why no one bothered to check my site

I've got another mails from US & UK complaining about loading the site.
    something is very wrong with the host... its in India, & site is not on dedicated server also.. maybe thats why...

Actually the site is only 325kb & the background sound is 225kb which loads after the main site loaded...

anyway... thanks a lot for your suggestions... (if you want to go pro-design-ish, by all means slap your face up there every which way to sunday.) hahahahaha... i just loved this line...
    & i'll speed up the transitions.

sanjay

One day older, one day wiser rafiki55's Avatar
    agree with the above...

-get a new host...waaaay to slow.

I don't really like the first page so much, I feel it's a little "light" and needs somethign to anchor the eye to. I don't particularly like the lightest blue that you have, but it's alright...just a personal preference. I thought the enter button was a little hidden...it's pretty obvious, but it still took me a few seconds to find...once again, there isn't a main object that anchors the eye.

I would speed up your intro a bit and like above, speed up the transistions as well.

Also if you're going to stick with your host that you have now, I would have a "start" or "begin" button after the intro loaded, that way people don't miss anything while they browse at something else while waiting for it to load.

I think a pop up window would server your site well. Alternatively you could make your flash site inside some sort of frame (not a "frame" but a frame, i.e add a border, or a drop shawdow or something..)

Hope that helps

Hi Rafiki

Its because of Host there is a problem to load the site... it taking some time to load but actually the site is only 325kb & the background sound is 225kb which loads after the main site loaded...

thanks buddy... its a really good suggestion that i would have a pop-up window (but some people hates popups )

another thing is you have suggested some strong element to be shown on home page... yes i do agree with this.

also there must be a start button... cool

and I'll speed up intro and speed up the transistions as well.

thanks
    Sanjay