Hi,

I was advised to post my problem here. Perhaps someone knows and can assist.
The topic: Invisible timeline in Flash MX so that an animation will play at the same speed on every computer, regardless of the processor speed. - C. Moock says it's possible.

OK,

The frame rate of this animation is 30 fps. The client said that it HAD to be set to that in order for it to work with video importation (I'm using Flash MX).

I am just looking into this so correct me if I am wrong. An invisible timeline is a silent sound file??!

Here is the biggest problem of 'em all: The animation is roughly 1 minute on one computer and roughly 1 min. 30 sec. on another computer. IMPORTANT NOTE: IT'S NOT ON-LINE YET, so we are merely testing from our computers and it is coming up with those very different times -- INTERNET HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THOSE TIME DIFFERENCES right now. So you can see the dilemma as I am having a professional composer do the music.

So really, it won't make sense if the soundtrack cuts off 30 seconds before the animation is finished on some computers and not others.

What can we do?? C. Moock says that the invisible timeline is the solution regardless of processor speed. Can anyone advise me??!!

OH! And finally, we can't just import a soundtrack and set it to stream as the animation is on a variety of scenes. To get around that, the composer is breaking up the song very carefully and adding 'peaks' as events at certain points.

Thanks a lot,

Christine