Greetings

Here's the didge: I want to send different variable values to a SWF when loading it - so it goes to the frame I want it to.

I have several buttons - each send the SWF to a different frame upon loading - okay I got that... but now when I want to choose a new link to zip to a different frame, or part of the site, the SWF must load again - some kind of caching problem.

A kind gentleman gave me some assistance to solve this problem, but I didn't know how to interpret it: (this is out of context - from the scripting & backend forum)
__________________________________________________ ___

Hi,

if you require a recent flashplayer (this feature was added to FP6 later), you can also use <embed src="movie.swf" flashvars="var1=value1&var2=value2"> and its param counterpart - this looks the same for the movie but solves the caching problem

Either way is very similar to flash loading variables from a text file or server, and you do not add quote marks there either

Musicman
__________________________________________________ _____

Could this work with a loadMovieNum command?

The work in progress is at

http://www.indoamericanfilms.com/test.html

several links under "the film" all go to the same SWF-but jump to a different frame. but the SWF reloads every time

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

quazi