A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Question regarding uploading and viewing online

High on Life!!!!!

Question regarding uploading and viewing online

I'm new at this so be gentle. I've built the vid-chat app and have tested it on my Apache local. I want to upload it to my ISP so that I can truly test it online. Do I just need to upload the .asc, html, the swf? Or is there something else I must do?
    Please let me know.
    I've got a client who's got soemone that wants this exact thing as part of a forum and I really need to know.
    Thanks guys
    You rock
    Erik
    What the mind can CONCIEVE and BELIEVE, it can ACHIEVE.

psx = new Moderator();
    Hey -
    All you have to do is make sure your app connects to your server at home. If you're on cable/dsl, this should be easy. Just use something like so for the connection string:

rtmp://myipaddress/app_folder/

Then you just have to upload the html and swf (no need for asc) to the webserver and start testing. Assuming you're not behind any firewalls, the swf on the webserver should have no trouble finding your comm. server.

Psx

High on Life!!!!!
    So you mean that whatever server this client uses has to have Flash Comm installed on it before anything developed with it will work? I'm on Dialup btw.
    What the mind can CONCIEVE and BELIEVE, it can ACHIEVE.

psx = new Moderator();
    Yep.. or they will at least need a server somewhere.. you can do it with dial-up, but I don't know what sort of performance you'll get out of it, and you'll constantly have to be checking your ip address and changing it in the swf file.

Psx