A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please Help- Scrolling Text Field Problem

Thumbs down

Hi,
    I recently re-created my homepage in flash and its almost ready to post however there's one bug that I'm really having problems working out. On the resume page of my page I am unable to to get the up scroll buttons on two of the fields to fnction properly. The first field works fine however the second and third allow a user to scroll down but not back up. The site can be found at http://lozier.htmlplanet.com if anyone might be willing to take a look. Thanks for taking the time to read this, I'm really stumped and I would really appreciate any help that I can get.
    Thanks,
    LozBoston

Ok, no sweat:

go to the resume page and scroll the Computer Skills box about half way down. Now go to one of the other boxes and scroll it down and then up again - notice that your Computer Skills box goes up. You have put duplicated Movie Clips in without duplicating the individual elements within the MCs. Generally, when you dupe a MC, there may be buttons, graphics, etc. that also need to be duped otherwise they default to the first instance. Looks like that's what you got going here. Let me know how it goes.

Also, the text is too small on my 600x800 screen - might want to make it larger. And, put a rectangular box in the "Hit State" of your enter site button - it will work better.

Hope that helps!