A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Vector Logo Design - Rules.. what are they?

Vector Logo Design - Rules.. what are they?

Hey guys, I recently got some new logos from my corporate office, and I reccomended some changes, I wanted to know what your guys take on it is.

I thought that all vector logos should have the paths outlined, so that there are no strokes. If you enlarge or shrink the logo a stroked line will change in size because it is a set size, also don't some print shops have a hard time printing a stroked line, say for an engraving job or something?

The other thing is to create .jpgs and .gifs, They took the logo by itself from illustrator and exported it, my problem with this is that if you have a round edge on the edge of your logo, when you create the .gif or .jpg it kind of cuts off the edge. Usually when I create a vector logo I create a non filled box right behind my logo that is slightly bigger so that it creates a little space when it is opened in photoshop, or exported.

Am I correct here in telling them that they need to make these changes?
    Sometimes....when it comes over me..... And I totally lose control......... I Like it.

www.visiontilt.com
    www.glamourdog.com
    www.caseyandcynthia.com

I see you know illustrator.All your saying makes sence.Lines should be outlined because they don't scale with the fills.I should also outline the text .Making a blank fill around the logo is not only good for import in photoshop it's also a good way for positioning in quark.So I would defenitly make the changes.It would only take a minute.Don't forget overprintif needed.

Grtzzz,

Modulater