A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mac fanaticism... WHY!?

Mac fanaticism... WHY!?

Ok. I maybe a recent convert - iBook for almost two years now - to MacOS X, what not... and I like my shiny new OS.

But after a 3 hour convo with a mac zealot, who had the audacity to call me everything from Bill Gates "drone" to PC worshipper, to... oh wait, this is a G-rated forum... well, you get the idea... all due to the fact that I admitted that while MacOS X is great, Apple needs to really focus in on some things.

Especially hardware... RapidIO and other machine/system bus interfaces exist that are FASTER than the ones currently in place. Hell, Apple hasn't even gotten DDR RAM done correctly... it's only single access, not dual. Duh... sorta kills the effect of being Double Data Rate RAM.

Anyhoo, I showed this article to the mac evangelist, and they saw nothing wrong with it.

maybe I'm the weird one, and don't regard Steve Jobs, or even Bill Gates, et al, as rockstars?

Somebody, clue me in! I've been meeting more and more mac zealots lately...

and they scare me.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

hehe, gotta try and find that cartoon with the three zealots on the plane I was telling you about...
    Sam

there are fanatics in every genre.. geeks always need a cause

although i myself may seem on the fanatic side at times, i have never gone up to someone using a pc and instagated a mac vs pc argument. HOWEVER! ten times out of ten the dispute spawned from some half joking comment or some stupid pc weenie myth about megahertz or compatibility.

being a mac user is a constant battle with the world - it shouldn't be.. it's just a friggin silicone chip that spits out binary... but in my 28 years on this earth i have learned that people are always out to beat you over the head with their opinion... whether you asked for it or not.

to speak as a fanatic though.. the mac is also a cause, it's the continuation of choice and competition in the market place.. I use a mac and prefer it not only because I believe it's a superior product (OS and hardware wise) but because I don't want microsoft to own 100% of the market share and no longer have a choice over which OS to use.

mac fanatic see above

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Using a mac is like taking a cruise. you don't do it to get there but you enjoy the ride.
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

just for the record.. i think i should point out that i think rioting just to get into a conference with woz.. is a little extreme

If you're that into woz, go here - get all the woz you want
    http://wozcam.woz.org/