A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Opinions on logodesign

Opinions on logodesign

I started creating a logo for my company in the near future.I wanted the logo refelct my artistic impact.Don't know if you can see it?Any way the logo I wanted should be artistic,organic,like a shield, a liddle poetic,what do you think?The logo should be a style that keeps going.So I used more like the lifestyled colors.Blue,grey with a liddle bit cyaan in it.I made some variaties in this logo,with one you prefer.Is the type readeble,what does it say?Looking to much on a design you can't see wats wrong so the forum is good therefore.Any other sugestions on type?Give all arguments you can give.

Thx,

Modulater
    Attached Images Attached Images

hey mate.
    first :
    1, 2
    3, 4

these are how I"m going to refer to the pics.
    I cant really see the difference between 2,3 and 4...if there is a major difference, pls tell me. Maybe coz its such a small pic that I can't really see. I can tell a few differences though...no. 3 has more of a gundge kinda feel to the grey backdrop right?

anyway, I like No.1 and No.2. "Design & Illustration" seems to be a bit small for me, but the logo isn't going to be that small all the time right? I like how you've gone for nice flat colours, its good.

cheers mate.

Thanks for the reply,
    There are no big changes in the logos,it's all detail.Like nr2 for example has a liddle shadow,nr3 has some plus signs in a special font,when seeing it small it gives a kinda grungy feeling.I see that you have great taste .Nr 1 and 2 seem to be very clean,simple.That's wat design's about in my opinion.Wat do think,does the illustration fit its name?That's the only thing thats bodering me?

Grtzz

maybe.

Your logo should give your visitors/customers an idea of what your about and who you are. I just don't see it at this point. I see 4 similar pictures with a nice design but, it is unique.

Thanks for the reply,
    Your totally wright,I know,therefore I can use some advise.If you hear the word divine and think of a graphic design company,what are you thinking of,tell me.

You think I would reach my customers better if I would call it divinemedia ordivinestudios,divinegraphicgroup.Or change the underscript into design with perspectives or something ...Or is it the illustration that's bodering you.

what logos reflect what a company is? none.
    maybe.

Keep it clean and simple.
    One day I'll get round to making a footer......one day........

WIth reflecting your company I mean.
    How you want the people to see you as a company,your filosofie.
    Making a logo is a part of the corporate image,the image they want to create to the outside,the world,as a company.
    That's how I see it.Tell me if i'm totally wrong.But know I don't know how you look up to my logo.I really like some solid arguments.

so, are you a griffin breeder?
    maybe.

what's a griffin breader?

you said
    WIth reflecting your company I mean.
    How you want the people to see you as a company,your filosofie.

your logo looks like a griffin. so if your logo reflects what your company is and does, the first thing that would come to my mind is "oh cool, a guy whos breeds griffons, [mythological flying bird creatures, resembling your logo]
    maybe.

I'd say 1. At first I thought 3, but maybe a bit too grungy.

My suggestion would be divine design or divine design group. Drop the illustration, I think it's assumed that illustration is offered within a design studio.
    ellin

No-Tec,so with griffin you mean a mythological feeling,wright?(from Belgium)If this is so this suits the illustration and goes well with the word
    divine,wright.Then divine could be the aproach for the designs
    done by the company.
    Doing things with devotion,precision,challenging the ordinary,...

Do I talk nonsens or ...correct me so I can start making a new logo for my site.

i did correct you, in a humouesque sort of way. and whats 'wright' mean? is that like the kids who say "colour" to sound educated?

and, i guess if u want to go to it in a round about way, yes u could give that meaning to your logo. good job.
    maybe.

Originally posted by No-Tec
    is that like the kids who say "colour" to sound educated?
    Huh?
    One day I'll get round to making a footer......one day........

Personally, I don't see a Griffen. If anything I think it resembles a marijuana leaf.

One of the main focuses of graphic design should be economy of form. Marks 2-4 start turning into illustrations themselves with the addition of the grey background. I would definately go with mark #1. It's simple in design and has a lot of negative space. The only thing I'd worry about is whether or not the design would still hold up on reduction...say if you put it onto a business card. Would the typography still be legible? Are the "wings" too detailed and skinny?

Hope this helps!

Hi ScottyF311,Some good arguments I got there.I guess it would be better if I made a few new drawings,mabe thicker lines;etc
    So it's still visible on lower sizes.I liked the illustration because it
    got a kinda special form.Normally when I make a logo with illustration i make this so I can put the text in different directions.With this illustration it does not work.So it's best I do some more sketshing.Grtzz