A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash site not working on Mac OS 9.x

flash site not working on Mac OS 9.x

hey, for some reason, my site i developed doesn't work on macs running os 9 using IE for it's browser.

http://www.grantcraig.com

i used xml and did a lot of loadMovie() and loadMovieNum() to load external swfs and jpgs into it. i developed it on PC running windows xp.

anyone have a problem like this before?

which version of IE are you using? That could be the problem...

Beyond the Sea
    wow,
    I'm not sure about OS 9, but you crashed 3 of my browsers on OS X. Here are the specs:
    OS X 10.2.3
    IE 5.2.2
    Netscape 7.0
    Safari 1.0 (beta)

I was able to click the main image and launch the popup, but as soon as I clicked on a link, the browser would crash...every time. You might want to examine your loadMovie commands...
    The Coolest Website EVER!
    Do you live in Kansas City? Come join us at KCWebCore

Flash runs a lot slower on Macs than PC's. Hey, I like Macs but it's true....

If you're loading jpegs externally and playing (i.e. the main timeline is playing), you may need to implement some code to loop and wait for the Macs.

It's possible that you're confusing the Macs by continuing before it's ready, and thus crashing the plug-in.

thanks. i'll have to go through it again. i just reworked much of the code, how does it work now?

thanks for helping!

I have a G3, 9.1. I could open and load the main page normally and also the pop up but somehow loading when I clicked on the buttons was slow. No crash though. I have problems with my own site on IE5.1. It takes a lot of memory and then gets stuck probably too much cache.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

thanks everyone for checking it out. i've been able to get it working (i reworked the XML and the way i was using it). but for some reason, it doesn't work on all macs as well. strange.