A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Detecting whether a scene has loaded

Detecting whether a scene has loaded

hi,

i have a movieclip of menu items that is placed on the main timeline. my movie is split into 10 scenes (i menu item = 1 scene). i would like the menu items to only appear once their relevant scene has loaded.

my intial preloader only loads a fraction of the entire movie. i would like the user to be able to initally see the 'home' scene and as the movie loads in the background, menu items would appear.
    is there an easy way to detect a particular scene has loaded.

i have just started using MX and i remember in version 4 that you could detect if a particular frame has loaded. obviously the format for this may now have changed somewhat??

Banned
    _framesloaded.

thanks for that.

question: can i refer to a scene's name or am i better to detect that a particular frame number/label has loaded?

sorry, these are dumb questions, i am just getting back into flash after a wee break!!

Banned
    Nope! No scene names! I think?

In any case if your movie is already running after the home scene as loaded, guess your other scenes buttons could have been set to invisible to start with, and checks in the home scene (if (_framesloaded >= (home scene frames + frames of the scene after that home scene){ //make that button visible...), would turn on each button as that scene would be loaded...

Does this make sense?
    Last edited by oldnewbie; 01-19-2003 at 09:47 PM.