A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Customizing sample broadcast presentation

Customizing sample broadcast presentation

I am customize the sample_broadcast.fla that is one of the sample applications that comes with the Flashcom software.

I have it working correctly as is, but I would like to load a different presentation that has larger dimensions than the one that is provided as a sample (i.e., simple_preso.swf). The simple_preso.swf is 550x400 and I would like to run a 800x600 presentation.

I am able to get it to display, however, it spills over into the area where the video window, Q&A dialog box, etc. are located. I modified the sample_broadcast.fla, increasing the dimensions of the movie to 1000x750. I pushed the video window and other items off to the edges of the movie, giving room for a larger presentation swf.

While this all works, the problem I'm having is with the controls that allow the speaker to navigate to different frames of the presentation. These controls are embedded in the presentationswf component. When I try to edit the component by moving the controls lower and farther to the right, this has the effect of changing the dimensions of the presentation when it gets loaded.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

So did you ever get this to work? I'm attempting to do the same thing and I think I got it working for me, but I seem to have introduced a bug where the < and > buttons can be clicked once, but on a subsequent click doesn't work. Moving the cursor slightly seems to "re-activate" the button and then it works. Any ideas?