A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Movie clips

Question

I am new with flash, but learning fast.
    I wish to create a "Flashing" looping text symbol.

I have created the text "ACTIVATE" then F8 to convert it to a movie clip. CTRL-E to edit it, in frame 1 I set the alpha to 0, then in frame 5 to 100. then inserted a motion tween.

But stuck after that
    Please help

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

IF you want it to flash just put an empty key frame in frames 3&4 of the movie clips timeline. You dont need the alpha state and the tween. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Smile

the method pope de flash mention is the most easiest way to make a text flashing....

if you don't understand what he is taking about...here the procedure:

1. place your text at frame 1 and at another frame on frame 2, so your text will be visible for frame 1 & 2.
    2. copy your text at frame 1
    3. add 2 blank key frame at frame 3& 4 by press F7(on PC).
    4. at frame 5, use "paste in place" and paste your text back to the movie stage.
    5. add another frame at frame 6 by pressing F5 so that your text will appear longer.

Then you will have a flashing text.

Hope this help

------------------

<EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00001783.swf" quality=high WIDTH=550 HEIGHT=60 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>