A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash vs Fireworks

con[fuzed] designer

Flash vs Fireworks

Hey, ive pretty much taught myself flash and i've just started with fireworks. i've noticed theres quite a bit of crossover between the two. what i wanna know tho is which is the industry standard for creating an entire website?. i do know xhtml so i can just embed each thing into a site anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Flash !!

Fireworks is meant to be more for Graphics and Photo Manipulation

There is no real comparison to these programs because they do two entirely different things. Like estudioworks said, Flash is for vector animating, Fireworks is primarily for image manipulation, animating, and imagemaps. You have to combine Flash, Fireworks, and an HTML program to have good hybrid site. For HTML, I use Macromedia HomeSite yet I am starting to learn toward Macromedia Dreamweaver. But in all reality, you cant put Fireworks over Flash or vice versa and if you did, you cannot leave out an HTML program!
    My current rig: AMD Athlon64 3500+(Winchester Core) MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum - 1GB
    (2x512MB) Kingston HyperX DDR333 BH5 - ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro 128mb - SB Audigy 2
    WD 80GB 7200RPM 8MB - WD 250GB 7200RPM 8MB - MAX 120GB 7200RPM 8MB - Dell 2001FP 20.1 LCD