A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Company Website 100% Swish

kiss designer

New Company Website 100% Swish

Looking for any comments or suggestions you may have on our new site developed using Swish. www.spectrumsoftware.com

Thank you,
    Trev

Nice music with cool color theme is putting the flash website in a relaxing mood. Good Job!

I agree - the color and music etc...this is a great website.

There are 3 minor technical problems I see. (1) try slowing down the scroll animations on the web design and custom software pages...(2) on the music ON/OFF links....I found that when I clicked on the Decibal meter in between the on and off, the music went off, but clicking on it again the music did not come on. The music only played when hitting the ON....it went off when clicking the animation AND when clicking the OFF...you should change it so you click ON to play and OFF to stop....and finally (3) if the music is turned off by the visitor he or she probably had a reason for doing so, but when you click on the Web Design menu the music automatically starts again, forcing the visitor to turn it off again.

Now that doesn't bother me....I liked the music selection but some folks may find it irritating to have to keep turning it off.

Other than that..... great site.

kiss designer
    Thanks for the great comments. You're right about the music controls. I don't know how to have a person click on the music graphic to turn the music off and then for them to click it again and it starts playing. Any ideas? I think I will just take off the click event on the graphic all together. This way they can only control it by the on and off buttons. Also I have the music load up on the design scene. To fix this I probably could key the music to start at the very end of the preloader. Would this work? Your also right about the scrolling - it is a little to fast. I'll see if I can slow it down a bit. Thanks again for the great comments, if anybody else has any more please keep them coming.

Trev

For the scroll rate simply add more frames to the scroll animation.
    Take a look at my site... www.dspent.com and click on one of the balls, the scroll is using about 60 frames of move effect.

For the graphics and the music....download the file I've posted at

http://www.dspent.com/testing/soundexample.swi

What you should do is take the music out of the design scene alltogether and put it in its own sprite. That way you can use tell target to cue it whenever you want to regardless of which scene is playing. Also the sound control bar on the right hand side of my site is using the concepts from the example I posted for you.

Hope this helps you out...

Clarence

kiss designer
    Thanks Clarence for all your help. I will definately make the changes soon with the suggestions and advice you gave me. I liked your site too. The first music track was great. I like how you hover over a ball and it stops. I think the same code could be used for a horizontal image scroller - something I wanted to learn, i.e. http://www.kleenex.com/us/ has a sample scroller I'm referring too. Thanks again for all your help.

Trev
    Last edited by trevr1; 01-23-2003 at 11:27 PM.

Good work I liked .....

visit my web site it is in 100% swish..

regards

It was very good except the blurry text and the pixelated images
    He was just a normal man 'till this cheeky little hormone called testosterone kicked in
    http://www.xtcf.com

kiss designer
    Thank you for the comments. Which pics did you think were pixelated? I'll admit, the text is a little blurry, but most of it usually is in flash. I originally tried out using several different pixel fonts, but they all seemed to small. I was trying to go easy on the potential new customers' eyes. I appreciate the comments.

Trev

I couldnt find any pixelated pics...
    Looking good to me.
    My compliments!

Eric

http://www.bulluk.rocks.it

the main logo needs work..alot

the main page is decent, not enough color though