A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sound for invisible button - only plays once.

Sound for invisible button - only plays once.

I have a sound effect (on rollover) in an invisible button with key frames on the rollover and a key frame in the hit frame.

I can only get the sound effect to play one time. I tried both Event and Start and I got the same thing.

The movie is one frame with a gif background and a stop action. I've tried taking the stop action off so he movie is continuously looping and that doesn't work.

Any ideas.

Dunno how you coded yours, but made a real simplistic button with sound on rollover. I just put the sound on the 'over' state inside the button. That seems to do it for me. Check out the attached file.

Hope that simple answer will work for you,
    Boomph
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi, thanks for the help. The button you had did contain keyframes in the other button states, I think that makes a difference. I had empty key frames except for the hit state and a second layer with a key frame only in the rollover state containg the sound. Once I put items in the other key frames (like yours) it worked.

http://www.thunder1045.com/2003/index.html "Thunderworkforce Button"

It's not invisible, I was having problems with a gif image lining up with the lines on the site, so I had to redraw the section and add another gif below it, I made that the button.

Invisible buttons (from what I've learned) are buttons containing empy key frames except for the hit state. Try doing that and you'll see what I'm talking about (maybe), your button really wasn't an invisible button.

Thanks for the reply, I do appreciate it!

Sorry, just thought your meant a button that was invisible (0% alpha) as opposed to an 'invisible button' (empty button). (my bad!) so I just grabbed any ol' button from the common library and made it transparent.

But I went to the link, and the 'thunder' button seemed to work, so hey, at least it does what you want it to!!! If I encounter a situation where I need a true 'invisible button', I will keep it in mind.

Hope I helped in some vague way,
    Boomph
    Last edited by boomph; 01-22-2003 at 03:44 PM.

Thanks..... yeah, it was a huge pain though. I wish gif and jpeg's didn't get distorted in Flash. I used a basic aluminum gif as the background and drew the black, white and grey lines to make up the exterior framework.

But you're right, the button does do what I want it to now... Thanks for checking it out!