A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Shining Force Web Interface

Shining Force Web Interface

First off, I'd like to ask those of you that are adding comments to take the website and not the hosting into consideration. I understand that my site is a free based site with lots of pop up advertising because it is currently a geocities site. I am posting this to get feedback on the "site" before throughing money into it.

Some background into the project would help alot inless your familar with the games, "Shining Force 1 or 2" made by Saga back in the day. They were the creators that inspired the Final Fantasy Series and another series I'm unsure of.

The Shining Force Series being my absolute fav, I've played it numberous times throught my life. Even though my bedroom is filling up with consoles, I always un-hook my PS2 and play a little old school console.

With a lot of help & hard work I've managed to create a web interface that resembles many aspects of the series. It has many elements that you would find in a video game yet still remains a website.

I still have alot of plans for developing this project and I am wondering what everyone thinks of it thus far? Based on the outcome of your response determines the fate of this pending project.

Features

• Small file size of 48.1kb for fast loading
    • Best viewed with 800X600 screen resolution
    • The main character has basic movement with speed to match that of the origional character in the game.
    • Text Boxes with space bar to scroll through
    • A forum with many ranks earned by posts
    • a mailbox for quick contact
    • Instrution guide at the beginning with a witch character, like that of which is found in the opening cinamatic of SF2

Tanilla Village

Just incase nobody has even heard of this game and therefore asumes my project is pointless, which could be a fair statement although I'm content with its overall status so far which is what really matters, I've decided to add a site which you can download a well working Saga Emulator plus the game itself in one shoot. Why? Because I feel being educated in the game and comparing its style to my web interface is the best way to get some fair constructive criticsm.

I found this site where you can download working a Saga emulator and the Shining Force games.
    Click here and go to downloads for actual game that this site is based off of.
    Last edited by Kayol; 01-22-2003 at 11:44 PM.

Well, I seem to be getting some views although I'm very intrested in hearing a bit of feedback. Its kind of funny to me since I always get replies on the other boards. If this post is preferred in the games board, please feel free to move it. I don't really consider it to be a rpg, just a interface for my website.

I've almost made up my mind that if I chose a more known game from the snes console and applied the same things I did to this one, then I'd have more intrested people. I don't want to do Zelda like almost everyone else is doing. What is everyone's fav snes or old console game? All I'll have to do is add the same codes to new graphics so I can have it finished real soon. I personally find rpgs make the best interfaces.

Update:

I added the music in and the downloads section is working perfectly! So, still nobody has anything to say about my site?