A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Morphing Text

Question

Does anyone know if there is a way of morphing text? It says on the help-site that I can't morph text, symbols, or bitmaps. So what does that leave? Just drawings? Also, I've seen morphing text on some sites I've been on, so I'm sure there must be a way of doing it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rose

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

In order to morph the text you have to break it up into curves. To do that just select the text and hit Control+B this will change the text from text outlines to curves. At this point you can do the morphing. Just a note. If you break the text up and there is a lot of text you will increase the file size. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Talking

Thanks Bill ... that worked. It wasn't as smooth a transition as I would have liked though ... it was rather jerky. I played a bit with the "easing", but it didn't really help. Any suggestions?

Thanks again ...
    Rose

Cool

there is one function call "shape hint" where you can add a few hint that how your shape will be morph.

I seldom using it because it is a "trail & error" method and it is a long/painful procedure.

If you don't know how to use the "shape hint", read the help on your flash software.
    It is very easy to apply.

Hope this will help.

------------------

<EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00001783.swf" quality=high WIDTH=550 HEIGHT=60 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>