A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New idea for flashkit - movies

Lightbulb

Hi Mark (and others),

You asked for ideas. Well, I've still got some for you.

• I would like to see a list/tree of movies that someone has made.
      Sometimes I see very nice movies and then I want to see if that person has made more movies.
      Now I can't see that on your site. Searching on my own name (waldo) doesn't return anything. But there are 3 movies made by me on your site.

So: please make a tree or searchengine so i can see all the movies someone has made.
    • I also would like to have an option to post wishes for a movie. Example: I made the Fold Out Menu 1.0 and I would like to know what features the people would like to see in the next version of it.
      In that way I can let me guide through my development by the wishes of others!
      This would be a better option that having those wishes being posted on the normal board or than receiving these wishes by mail. With this wish-list even other developers can pick up my project when i'm not in the mood for it anymore (when everybody has only mailed his wishes to me - nobody else would know about them).

So far my idea's. I hope you understand them and can do something with them.

Please give me some feedback.

Thanks,
    Waldo

Good Stuff

Waldo, I think they are excellent ideas. We will be migrating the links engine into an SQL back end soon and have already discussed searches on author etc, which clears up point number one quite ncely.

The second request can be managed through the feedback, comments, praise engine on the movie. When Flashers submit their movie they will get an option to enable feedback or just have it published on the site. This is so people can control whether or not they want feedback.

We are also want to redesign the sounds engine for better searching and dispaly.

Regards, Steve

Hi Steve....

I'm glad to hear that the ideas are good, and that you already have solutions for them!
    But do you Flashkit-members have enought sleep? I mean.... you do that much for us. It's fantastic.

Thank you,

Waldo

We work for bandwidth