A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: On opening 30MB fla file"Flash.exe generating errors and will be closed by Windows"

On opening 30MB fla file"Flash.exe generating errors and will be closed by Windows"

Help!

I am attempting to open a 31MB fla file in flash MX created on another computer in Flash MX. The file contains MPEG videos embedded. I have been able to open the same file before on a different slower machine.

I immediatly get the following error dialog:

"Flash.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program"

I have tried reinstalling, and also opening on a faster machine (1.8GHZ, 18GBHD, 256 RAM) but no joy . . . I can open other fla's that are from another machine no worries... but they are much smaller . . .

please help asap! many thanx >:/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by galactika; 01-29-2003 at 08:45 PM.

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    It probably gt corrupted when it was being sent via one machine to another. Try resending/getting the file.

yep. i will try that.

the files have been burnt to CD ROM, and there are several different CD ROMs, so unless all the files on all the CD ROMs are corrupt . . . . which is likely i spose since they were burnt from the same machine. except one which was burnt from my old machine.

basically i burnt a template on my old machine, handed it to someone else who copied it and created lots of new files from it and then burnt those files for me. none of these new ones can be opened, or the original template i provided....

the person i gave the initial template to got the same errors when trying to open it at first, then it worked on a more powerful machine ... where he created the other files...

does any of this make sense? I hope so...