A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: flashlevel.com

i dont think it would be ALL that difficult to do that plasma thing...and amke it seamless. as long as the very last frame leads right into the first frame, and so on....then you'd be fine. its a nice little loop...i like it a lot.

great job overall on the site, slick flash animaiton and I actually like the interface. i think its pretty cool.

i liked the previous one because it was a really tight package overall. this one has seem neat moments, but that border really needs to go, mainly cuz it seems like a low-quality jpeg. the transitions inbetween the sections was nice. the green flash on the mouseover was sort of garish in this version, cuz there was no other similar colors at all in the site.
    its not that i don't like this site, but it almost seems like a step backwards from their highly slick and very original previous version.
    maybe it will be better when its totally complete.

stevietat, I've been checking your site to see some more of your work. When is your next update? You do some slick work man.

Tutorial on the Calendar

Calendar is something I'd like to incorporate. Does anyone know of a good tut that can be used to tweak? Thanks.

Very slick. Is there a way to scroll back to previous months in the callendar?

Or use 3dsmax or Maya or Lightwave to mention a few From there on you can export it as a movie, crop it to the right size with premiere and then import it into flash...woohoo !!

Doing it frame by frame in photoshop hmmm... possibly... there aint MANY frames on that animation. Maybe 10 ?

very nice

Originally posted by Johnny Shiro
    Or use 3dsmax or Maya or Lightwave to mention a few From there on you can export it as a movie, crop it to the right size with premiere and then import it into flash...woohoo !!

Doing it frame by frame in photoshop hmmm... possibly... there aint MANY frames on that animation. Maybe 10 ?
    This seems like the more logical approach imo.

Changed my mind ;D after looking at it again, it looks pretty sweet..well very sweet.

Originally posted by gdstudios
    This seems like the more logical approach imo.
    probably but not everyone has programs like those, they cost a fortune and have a learning curve people might not want to tackle for the sake of a simple animation that could be done in PS.

In this case it was done in PS I assume, as nevil's in the know about this site.

mmm, yeah, its not as though you can pick up a copy of maya and think 'I'll learn this this afternoon' is it?
    well its not like that for me anyway.

Nice site. The only problem I have with this one is some of the fonts that are used are too small to be using anti-alised text. For example the text like NAME and stuff on the contact page.

Also I like the older one better, even though it is very similar to FI. Are they related? FI and FL?

Originally posted by qetret
    mmm, yeah, its not as though you can pick up a copy of maya and think 'I'll learn this this afternoon' is it?
    well its not like that for me anyway.
    Absolutely, I agree. It may be more logical, but it can also be more difficult. I just finished a class in 3d Studio...ugh!

After thinking about it... this is perfectly animated..

If this were simply a glow like Frame1= +1glow Frame2= +2glow Frame3= +3glow etc etc...

But this is more like a particle... you see that it is actual SMOKE coming out of that effect... frame by frame in photshop ? I refuse to believe that now.. that would be the most time consuming, eye dropping job ever... and ALOT of talent... not normal incredible talent but xtreme !! like no humans have ever done before hehe

No i refuse to believe this was done in PS... must be a special plugin atleast that apply this effect in different stages.. no way no how these people just draw this frame by frame... that would mean creating 3000 dots, animating every single one of em in different directions...when zooming out you would see this as smoke. But you would also need to know how smoke behaves hehe...

Perth, The Australian Capital No One Knows About.
    Okay. I should of gone into more detail. Make one of the 'parts' of the effect in PS. Animated in flash. Make the animations simple tweens. Thats better.

Note: there are many parts. The burst at the start in one. The flames coming out is one. And the larger burst is one.

Off topic: I just started a diploma course at TAFE! im the youngest ever to do so! Just sayin. But dont go off topic for me.
    Last edited by Mole_Incarnate; 02-03-2003 at 05:39 AM.

PS plugs are for lamers, you can do everything with PS without them, this is the feedback I get when I was asking some plugins at photoshop irc channel 7 years ago and It's true. And I'm not suprised if this all is done with PS. Nothing über brilliant about it, I think. I would like to see more content, but the site is kinda empty. I don't like the interface graphics. They are messy and dirty while they are supposed to look smooth and cool.
    Sounds are working nicely and animations are well done. I'm not sayng it's bad, it's actually very nice site, but not that great.. I don't see anything genius or brilliant or "...not normal incredible talent but xtreme !!..." on it. sorry

Maybe it's just this cold neverending winter here in Finland, that effects to my oppinnion. I don't know...

Plugins are of great value, saves you for alot of time consuming work. Same with programming a game engine, do you program a complete new engine for every game ? NOPE ! You use your old rules and base the new updated engine upon that.

About "Incredibly Brilliant" ... not talking about the site here..sorry no, takes alot to impress me with a site

But doing this effect in photoshop, drawn frame by frame...when you see it so detailed as shown on the site... it is pretty incredibly... i cant even breath thinking about it... drawing smoke FRAME BY FRAME and come up as smooth as this... that`s would be a job for Ethan Hunt and the rest of his MI Crew

ok about the smoke effect...

go here http://www.flashlevel.com/index.swf

and zoom in 2 times... heres what i see...

1. a base part, wich is a radial gradient, flickering.

2. the smoke, wich is arrow shaped kinda things moving out and scaling up a bit, then fading out.

Creative Mind User
    how can ppl even think about using a "3d" program to make a simple effect like that flame/blury thingy???

it would take 5 mins to make in ps...
    ::: Look at tha stick :::

After zooming in a third time on the SWF I noticed that the effect, as imported, is not even lined up correctly with the gray lines behind it. Zoom in for yourself to see it. There is also a blurry area around the whole plasma object. This is similar to the fire effect in video games. Because there is no really seemless way to create fire, even today, they just do the animation in a third party program and import it into the game engine. I think flashlevel may have used the same philosophy here.