A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: SWISH 2.0 Wont Run

SWISH 2.0 Wont Run

When I first got SWISH I had a notebook with XP. It ran fine. I now have a new notebook with Windows 2000 Server on it and I can't get SWISH to run. Is it the OS?

What do you mean by not running? It won't start at all?

Were you logged in as admin when you installed the program? Do you have user rights for it?

You may have to open a ticket at Swishzone.com in the support area.
    While changing my profile, I accidentally clicked the link that said
    "Add 'Dead Rabbit' to your Ignore List"
    so now I can't talk to myself anymore...

The Repository -:- The Forum

Yep best advise is to lodge a call.

http://support.swishzone.com/support.asp

Frets

Just register your new laptop as a second machine (assuming you haven't registered another as such) you'll have to re-download Swish to it. See Swishzone for detail. It's easy. NO need for support tickets etc if you haven't changed your original email address when buying Swish.

When you buy Swish you are 'allowed' to register it to two computers. Just register it as your 'second' computer....I think Frets is on commission for 'support calls' LOLOLOLOL

More Info

It doesn't open up. I click the dektop icon, it waits about 10 seconds and then I get an instruction memory error. I only have the one laptop now so it's not like I need it on 2 systems. I dont have have any trouble with any other software and I do heavy duty development on this machine. Thanks for the ideas. Any other ideas yet?

FIXED!

1st of all, thanks to those who responded and tried to help. Here's what solved the problem:

I'm running 2000 server and I went into SERVICES and found that CRYPKEY was disabled. I started the service and SWISH RUNS!

After installing 2000 server I went into services to disable services I didnt think I needed to speed bootup. I didnt know this was required for SWISH.