A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: change swf width and height

change swf width and height

I need to resize an swf and I can't find which part of swf header I have to change...
    I have read the openswf swf introduction but I don't understand what TWIPS is ?

Anybody can help me ? It's quite urgent...

thx

Hi,

changimg the size of the swf in the header would not really resize all the objects on stage - it would rather cut off parts of the stage or extend it.
    The twips is a 1/20th of a pixel, so a movie created as 500 by 300 would have 10000 by 6000 in the file header

Musicman

Let me explain a bit more.

I have a swf movie and I want to import it in After Effects.
    It automatically detects the original movie size (585x375) and I get some distortion when I resize it in After Effects to fit my project size (720x576).
    My swf movie doesn't contain any bitmap, and I can resize it with Flash player without any quality loss. Therefore I wish I could trick After Effects to detect another movie size during importation.
    Are you sure it will only cut off or extend my movie ? It would be great if it achieved a kind of zoom in or out...
    Please tell me what you think.

thx

changing the size of swf

Quote Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
    Hi,

changimg the size of the swf in the header would not really resize all the objects on stage - it would rather cut off parts of the stage or extend it.
    The twips is a 1/20th of a pixel, so a movie created as 500 by 300 would have 10000 by 6000 in the file header

Musicman
    hello there, sounds like you might have an answer to my problem.
    i have this flash intro page and after the some transitions and tweens the intro page suppose to resize itself , like cut off the height and width to fit in the header. how do i do that?
    please help me..
    im so new to javasript. is there anyway i can do it in as3... by the way i usign dreamweaver to insert the swf file onto my webpage.

thanks in advance

dana