A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FScommand problems

FScommand problems

i'm trying to hide the menu and prevent scaling, and it works fine if i publish a projector file, but if i publish an html, it won't work.

fscommand("allowscale", "false");
    fscommand("showmenu", "false");

is on the first frame of my main movie. any thoughts? thanks.

Brian

fscommands don't work well on .html. Sorry to say.

You'd need to add <param name=menu value=false> into the object tag of the .html to cut off the right-click menu.

As for the 'allowscale' problem, it depends on where you're calling the movie from. If it's called from a button within another flash movie, you need to add the openNewWindow command eg.javascript:openNewWindow('whatever.html','whatever ','height=275,width=500,top=70,left=70,status=no,s crollbars=no'), and this to the .html page that contains the .swf that contains the button that calls the command (exactly as is) - <script language="JavaScript">
    function openNewWindow(URLtoOpen, windowName,
    windowFeatures) { newWindow=window.open(URLtoOpen,
    windowName, windowFeatures); }
    </script>
    (in the head tag)
    This will open a new browser window, with the attributes your designate. It will also cut off the ability to rescale. Other wise, if you're running the command from outside flash, ie an .html hyperlink, you stick the same (second) command in the head tag, and add this kind of JS command to the <a> of the .html script - onClick="window.open('whatever.html', 'whatever', config='height=460,width=780')">. Setting the relevant attributes as before.

Hope this helps somewhat. Let me know.
    ;-)