A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how to tell time?

Wink

This is a simple question, I am trying to get flash to detect the user's time of day and then according to that, loads either a day movie or night movie in the background. As I recall this can be done with a simple Javascript. Is there a way to do this with Actionscript alone? Also if a Javascript is necessary, can someone point me towards a page that has the code? Thaks a lot!

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

I thought we had a clock that used the java script in it on the page, but I could not find it. I would think you could find the script at devhead.com Hope this helps, Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Smile

Thank you for your help, I believer I've found the script I was looking for.