A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I need some help

I need some help

my personal site is www.treelinemedia.com

On some peoples computer when they click a link from the scroller, a pop up comes up with the link in it. this is how its works. The problem is when they close the picture the scroller resets it self to the top. On my computer it works fine. I have a MacOSX running.

Does anyone know what s causing the problem.

I thought maybe there was some sort of refresh code in it but Im not sure.

Thanks for any tips.

IAn
    www.treelinemedia.ca

Hey there. Saw you had this question, sorry for my crapness about not seeing the site before bringing up Craig.

Anyways, here's what. Right now I'm on PC running win98, and the scroller did reset itself. I took a look from an iMac OS9, and it doesn't. Must be a Windows thing.

I had just written a load more here, but just found the reason for it. Dang what a waste of time. Here it is: your using the JS onClick command to develop the pop-ups. The problem with this is that an href attribute has to be included, and of course it's the infamous ="#". This reloads the .html doc. Using basic HTML, there's very little you can do about this. As a thought, you could take some time and give 'target' tags to each link coming from the scroll, and direct the href, with # and the link's target name, thus the scroll page should reload, but be positioned at the link that was clicked.

Damn, did that make any sense??

Let me know.
    ;-)

Sorry I ve tried to read it a couple times but it is still unclear.

when you say target do you mean targeting the popup window( by giving all the popups the same window name) Or targeting the window like a frame.

sorry but its still early here, my heads still a little cloudy.

I know few people that knew craig and in general every one around is shocked and very sad, But I think most people are looking at his time as time well spent , 99% percent of the world willl not a be able to do in a life time what hes done in 36 years. Its funny how you dont really appreciate what some ones done untill there gone. Unfortunatly though its part of life in the mounatains, we lose friends far too often here.

thanks

ian
    www.treelinemedia.ca