A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: what program do you make your logo in?

what program do you make your logo in?

hey there,

im just wondering what the best (or most appropreiate) program to make my company logo in?

i would usuually just rceate it in fireworks or photoshop and use it whenever i need it, but im hearing that making a vector copy of my logo in freehand or illustrator is the professional way to do it, then just export from these programs whenever i need it.

what do you guys do?

thanks.

depends on the logo really. Mine is basically just text, so I can get away with using on ps, however I can see why some logos are more suited to progs sucj as illustrator.
    got a logo?

For me my logos start in freehand and then end up in Photoshop if a style/texture is needed to be added.

But I try and keep it in vector.

Logo's are definetly made in illustrater or freehand.They are vectors.Why they use these programs is simple.It's low on capacity can be simple imported into a layout program like quarkxpress,can be simply ajusted to one color print,two colour print,cmyk, all these are for print but they can also be easy placed in RGB>web.Another good thing about these vector programs that's when you scale the logo it does not depend on resolution so you can resize them to as big or small as you want .Another great thing is you can ad more creativity in logodesign then photoshop.Photoshop is not a drawing program as meny people seem to forget.You can ad effects in photoshop by importing your vector logo but if it's for print you have to keep in mind for wich purposes it whill be used>color,size>this is the standards that have to be set for the company >the corporate image.

Grtzz

Hi i'm with modulater on this one vector to start with and may be alter it in photoshop for a web page or funky leaflet design

also as has been mentioned if its vector u can resize it with no problems

I use xara x, a vector app.

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    Pen tool in photoshop. so yeah.. vector

Originally posted by aversion
    I use xara x, a vector app.

who makes that?
    maybe.

Originally posted by No-Tec
    who makes that?
    http://www.xara.com/

Just recently designed mine in Illustrator.

thanks for the input guys.

i am having some problems with vector though, any shapes i create in freehand or illustrator, just comes out jagged - what good is this?

heres an exmaple below (its not my logo - its just a shape )

i import something like this into flash or photoshop and it looks like sh*t!

i use "Xara 3D4" for text, and text effects well anything to do with text, then i get a cool free pic, change it a bit, and pump them up in fireworks.
    Ive only done this once to get a good effect, go to www.********.tk the pics in the index page where made the above way

hmm, not claiming to know about freehand or illustrator.. but can't you export as vector shapes ready to take into Flash? because from what you've said you're exporting as gifs/jpgs, which will always be a bit jagged when working with curved shapes.

Also, if the shape is pretty simple could you draw it in Flash? It's where i do my vector shapes, simplely coz it's what I know. But at least you know this way you get best results.
    pinkie highlights

flash mx, is very professional with png files, u can different types of import ways, and reduces the size to way small!

Originally posted by quistaquay
    hmm, not claiming to know about freehand or illustrator.. but can't you export as vector shapes ready to take into Flash? because from what you've said you're exporting as gifs/jpgs, which will always be a bit jagged when working with curved shapes.

Also, if the shape is pretty simple could you draw it in Flash? It's where i do my vector shapes, simplely coz it's what I know. But at least you know this way you get best results.
    Exactly. If my logo needs to be used as a symbol in Flash, I just make it in Flash. If it is just going to be a rastor graphic, I simply save it to be edited in PS.

Dude. Freehand. Period.

FrequeNC

Illustrator if you are gimp. J/K, (not)