A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Embroidery site!!!

Embroidery site!!!

http://www.heaveninyourhands.com/ees/index_flash.htm

Embroidery site! Thx in advance ppl!

"euuuueee you good looking."... John Travolta - Face/Off

Um. This is very nice.
    Only thing I acctually can comment is that you should add some mouse-over animation for your main buttons.

And oh!, maybe fix your client list so that ppl can press "2".

Other than that nothing.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ::: Pumpkin-Man ::: Cooming Soon :::
    www.interactiveatmosphere.tk
    "It's like looking in a mirror, only not." Then it's not like looking in a mirror now is it...

wow...i dont like emboridery...and that was cool! lol
    Got a problem with my footer?

wow

beautiful site!

i'm so impressed!
    christen

where's their logo?

Yeah needs a rollover effect for the buttons, even just a smple colour change woul do.

Still in development. Logo will go under the flash file along with some legal, the rollovers will have some effect, if I get the script to stop being a pain.

Flash Rice
    nice and clean transition..

suggestions: I guess the menu should stick right there, no transition is necesarrty for the menu.. and I guess if you could make the transition between pages shortened, it would be nicer, it takes a while to go from one page to another page.. 10-15secs it's definitely too long.. unless that's your style.

overall it's a nice and clean site.. I like the transition.

ivankandi.com

Wow great smooth transitions. You got great work man.

- pacdesco

Hey ruggers,
    nice work there. I think its got good motion overall (even though the sliding and masking thing has been done before...but its been done well).

It ran fine on my machine...but I'm wondering, whos the target audience? The only reason is because of the use of alpha fades (both in and out). Didn't slow down my machine, but I'm sure older machines might choke on it a little. Not that a big deal though.

The only other thing I can comment on is the way the menu goes. I reckon the 'Contact' menu item should be the last one, and 'Client List' just above that. Just so that everything goes in a sort of chronological order...well that's just the way that I'd do it.

good stuff mate

Good looking

Very good looking site, so far.
    Yes, it needs rollovers, and yeah, the transitions were a bit lengthy.
    That said, good job!
    My mother is a sewing|knitting|spinning|embroidery person, and every Website that I've seen for this
    genre is basic, pathetic HTML. It's nice to see that someone (your client, presumably) has taken an
    interest in changing the theme of "my second cousin's nephew knows some HTML".
    Looks very sharp. My only question is, Is flash the best thing for this type of site?
    FYI :: DSL, IE 6, Win Me, 1280 x 1024
    Hoping for PowerBook G4
    HD|SO|BTC

Re: Good looking

Originally posted by hGraf Design

Very good looking site, so far.
    Yes, it needs rollovers, and yeah, the transitions were a bit lengthy.
    That said, good job!
    My mother is a sewing|knitting|spinning|embroidery person, and every Website that I've seen for this
    genre is basic, pathetic HTML. It's nice to see that someone (your client, presumably) has taken an
    interest in changing the theme of "my second cousin's nephew knows some HTML".
    Looks very sharp. My only question is, Is flash the best thing for this type of site?
    Same question here. You sure flash is the correct way to go here?

And hGraf. HTML isn't pathetic. Unless the HTML code is written patheticly. The new standards regarding XHTML and CSS2, written W3C doesn't include Flash. Although it does include DOM scripting for visual enhancments.

The thing that I object to here is that

A) The visitors are not likely to be you people looking for yet another Flash experience.

B) Embroidery isn't very modern, and should, preferably not be advertised in that way. Usually the website is a part of an advertising campaign. If the company though is a very futuristic and cutting-edge embroidery company, then it's OK. The company in question seems pretty youthful.

C) Can't help to think the all-blue looks a bit tacky. Give me color photos plase

just my point

And hGraf. HTML isn't pathetic. Unless the HTML code is written patheticly. The
    new standards regarding XHTML and CSS2, written W3C doesn't include Flash.
    Although it does include DOM scripting for visual enhancments.

Just my point: HTML Is a very simple and quick-loading way to design, and in so many
    inumerable ways it is the best solution.
    My point in my previous post is that so many Websites exist where the coder only knows
    the basics. They learn about background tiles, for example, and bingo, every page they make
    has tiling.
    Or, little attention is paid to table width, font size or colours, image sizes, etc...a sloppy use of HTML.
    And yes, I do use CSS, CSS2, JavaScript, DHTML (Using JS to control HTML and CSS, for those
    that do not know). Many times for me Flash elements find there place in an otherwise strict-HTML site.
    But we're in agreement: Only pathetic use of HTML can make HTML pathetic.
    FYI :: DSL, IE 6, Win Me, 1280 x 1024
    Hoping for PowerBook G4
    HD|SO|BTC

Extremely nice site rugs!

Re: Re: Good looking

Originally posted by Brainiac
    C) Can't help to think the all-blue looks a bit tacky. Give me color photos plase
    I produced colour bgrounds, but they wanted it blue.

Cheers lOgik!

Dr. Homepage
    Heck, with a site like that I'm up for some embroidery. Anyone else?!

Re: just my point

Originally posted by hGraf Design
    [B]

Just my point: HTML Is a very simple and quick-loading way to design, and in so many
    inumerable ways it is the best solution.
    My point in my previous post is that so many Websites exist where the coder only knows
    the basics. They learn about background tiles, for example, and bingo, every page they make
    has tiling.
    Or, little attention is paid to table width, font size or colours, image sizes, etc...a sloppy use of HTML.
    And yes, I do use CSS, CSS2, JavaScript, DHTML (Using JS to control HTML and CSS, for those
    that do not know). Many times for me Flash elements find there place in an otherwise strict-HTML site.
    But we're in agreement: Only pathetic use of HTML can make HTML pathetic.
    There are also pathetic usage of Flash in shapes of over-made animations and sites filled with impractical usage and symbols. Sites with sizes over 2 MB that will take you an eternity to load, and preferably crash your computer.

HTML 2 + CSS 2 I the only approved standard so far. It includes DOM scripting as an interactive design part.

http://www.youngpup.com
    http://www.13thparallel.org (check their old design)

Are both examples of this new standards.
    If you want to see some more usable sites gurus check:

http://www.zeldman.com
    http://www.stopdesign.com

Both an example of static design becoming interresting and putting focus on contents.

IMO, one should start with the basics at all times, my learning schedule when I teach is the following:
    - Basic Lay-out theories and color teachings. Also some basic typography and photographic compositions
    - Site planning
    - HTML
    - Photoshop or image-editing
    - More HTML

Flash usually comes as a volunteer part, for those who are interrested.

Whoever said embroidery is 'old fashioned' is an idiot. Every modern industry goes through embroidery houses and there are very few 'old grannies' wanting their sisters grand-daughters new rug embroidered.

The examples page is as quick as it could be I guess but it's still too slow. I'm not sure what you could do to fix this cause I know these type of things can be very sticky.

I like the blue, it works. As the others said, rollover effects would be nice. Change the photo of the woman looking into the see, what exactly has she got to do with the embroidery company, unless she is the client or something?
    Kind Regards,

Cory

Originally posted by cozzer3000
    Whoever said embroidery is 'old fashioned' is an idiot. Every modern industry goes through embroidery houses and there are very few 'old grannies' wanting their sisters grand-daughters new rug embroidered.
    I beleive the company refered to is a bit "old-fashioned" in style. It seems to be a more or less local-based company. And IMHO, the blue just doesn't stick with that. Especially not all blue. According to most color symbolics blue is a calming and harmonic color, but not at all related to creativity or quality, which I think is the issue at hand.

// Regards - The idiot...

I get a cut off on the initial page, not the home page(which is kind of weird. The first page you see is different than the home page). The quote begins outside the borders.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid