dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: OSX menubar and application name

OSX menubar and application name

I have a mac projector, and when it launches in OSX, the menubar always displays "Flash Player" in boldface in the drop-down menu next to the apple menu and before "File," "Edit," and so forth. I know this is part of the OS, but is there any way to change how an application identifies itself to the OS so I can change that menu to read something other than "Flash Player"? I have poked around every resource in the projector with ResEdit, but I still can't find where it is coming from. It doesn't appear to be linked to creator codes, either. ResExcellence doesn't seem to have anything on this; if anybody knows how to do this, any help would be appreciated.

re

Nevermind, I figured this out for myself. If anyone is interested, for Carbon apps the application name drop-down is buried in the "plst" resource (using ResEdit). It isn't very intuative, but it's in there.

For Cocoa apps, the trick is simpler. There is a text file called "InfoPlist.strings" if you view the package content of an application. In that file is a place to insert what should be displayed.

huh? Please let me know how to access that info! <@ ; }

Thanks!

OK I figured out how to change the top menu stuff with ResEdit, nifty, but even when I go in and specify the window type as not having a title bar, i still get that pesky title bar.