A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash w/QuickTime

I cannot publish a movie in quicktime format that includes an imported QuickTime Movie in a movie clip. I can only make it work when the imported clip is in the main timeline. Any suggestions?

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

Have you read the tech note on the Mothership site yet? www.macromedia.com
    I dont know if that is a limitation of QT in Flash or not. I do know that you can only view QT movie enhanced sites through the QT player. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

To solve your problem, I believe you can export that movie clip (with Flash elements) as a QT movie first, then open up your main Flash file and import that QT movie into the main timeline. This way the Flash elements from both QT movies are retained and you can use the first QT movie like you would with load movie. Hope this helps.