A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Html E-mail

Html E-mail

Hola Gang,... at my job I was asked to make 3 templates for HTML E-mail. I have never done anything like this before...and was wondering if anyone can direct me to some tips/tricks and ideas on how to accomplish this?

Like should I make a graphic (background image) for the e-mail..then slice it up, put it in an HTML document...and then add the content needed?

Basicaly it need to be very easily interchangeable...such as the featured product will change every month...the prices...etc..etc..etc..

I basically need 3 different templates. 1 for NEW products that will go out monthly (or so) 1 for a monthly news letter,..and 1 for sales/clearance stuff.

I get plenty of html mail..like the one from actionscripts.org

I have just NEVER even tried to make one..or thought about what it consists of to make. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

-whispers-

p.s. I am at work right now...so fast replies are even better LOL

pinkie highlights

You'll get a better responce here

MarkP.com-

where at the Macromedia site?..or staying here on FK?

-whispers-

P.S. The MM site was not what I need,..I know HTML (more or less)..and I know how to add it to my mail client....my question was more about the theory behind it..how to go about creating it?

Like I said...do I start with an image I made in phtoshop..like a layout sorta image?..then slice it up?..do I do it all in HTML..and just import the needed images? Those sorta questions?..maybe experienced HTML E-mail (SPAM) makers can help me out a little.

Thanks

-whispers-

Just design it like you would with any other HTML pages. Have the same basic layout and just change the pictures and text to suit the product but keep the overall appearence the same.

You should also include MIME in your emails if some of the recipients of the email can't display HTML in their email client. Ofcourse you'd need to have a text only alternative.

Treat it like a normal HTML template which you can easily change or update.

Thanks... I do believe they are offering the text version as well.
    My first web gig sorta (as main 9-5 job)..and the marketing department asked if I could help with this...

-whispers-