A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My First Accident

Angry

I rear ended someone at a red light today. Two point ticket, it's my first accident. When I got my liscene I thought I would drive the speed limit all the time and not risk it, but that got way boring. I guess I got was I deserved, I was racing a guy in a pickup and we came over a hill into a red light. There wasn't any damage to the car I hit and luckily I knew the kid from school. A real bummer though, what a waste of 55 dollars.

bummer

that sucks

Originally posted by hollywood
    I rear ended someone at a red light today. Two point ticket, it's my first accident. When I got my liscene I thought I would drive the speed limit all the time and not risk it, but that got way boring. I guess I got was I deserved, I was racing a guy in a pickup and we came over a hill into a red light. There wasn't any damage to the car I hit and luckily I knew the kid from school. A real bummer though, what a waste of 55 dollars.
    sucks, my experience was similar..

four days after passing my test i was going around a corner - sideways - the car hit a rut in the road and bounced over to the other side of the road and under the back of a large truck, slicing the front part of the roof off, pushing the engine block thru the dashboard and the transmission through the floor of the car... i was in hospital for a few days.

you're lucky, it's a valuable lesson.. mine cost me a new car but at least i haven't had an accident since and i have an advanced drivers licence.

Angry

Yeah my cars only worth 800 dollars, and I'm still doing stupid stuff with it like racing, fishtailing, peeling out ect. I'm saving for a pickup so I can go off-roading, then I'll slow down.

Bleh Humbug!
    I was in seven accidents before I turned eighteen. Haven't had one since (except for people running into me, usually younger drivers.) I did just knock on wood by the way. Try not to follow my example, it really did stink at the time and for a few years after.

GRooVeZ is the name ;) PixelAddict's Avatar
    this is the price I paid for my accident

http://users.skynet.be/digizone/rug.jpg

Angry

Ouch!

7 accidents? your insurance must have skyroceted!

my bro has an 87 porsche 911 he got for 5500, and his insurance is a 180 bux a month because hes been in 1 acciden t(not his fault), and gotten 3 speeding tickets.

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

I rear ended someone ... I thought I would drive the speed limit ... that got way boring. ... I was racing a guy ... what a waste of 55 dollars.
    Gee ... that's too bad ... glad you're all right ... thanks for letting us know ...

Angry

Insurance is only 1000 a year for me. >.....

thats $82.50/month
    don't yell at me if I'm wrong
    I did it in my head

Excavating for a mine,

Get drunk ... like me........
    Just out of idle curiosity ... why do folks feel the need to 'announce' when they are drunk?

Originally posted by LanSite
    Get drunk ... like me........
    Just out of idle curiosity ... why do folks feel the need to 'announce' when they are drunk?
    So people like you can ask 'questions'

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Hey Glad to hear your allright, but get an SCCA lisence and do the racing where it belongs before you kill somebody besides yourself.

first accident, coming home from a graveyard shift at a UPS hub. doing about 65 maybe 70. hit water or ice. 720 through 3 different lawns. Over a small tree. 2 mailboxes. 1 fence. 1 recycling bin. Learned my lesson.

People that race on the street should be dragged out of there car, placed on their knees, and recieve a cranial lead injection. Just like litterers

Excavating for a mine,

Originally posted by TallGuyLittleCar
    before you kill somebody besides yourself.
    Pffft ... they're like drunk drivers ... they never kill *themselves* ~ always someone else ... I guess we can assume, then - he'll be safe ...

Unemployed
    Yeah my cars only worth 800 dollars, and I'm still doing stupid stuff with it like racing, fishtailing, peeling out ect. I'm saving for a pickup so I can go off-roading, then I'll slow down.
    Sorry Hollywood, I don't want to sound harsh or anything, but from what you have said in this thread, you are an idiot. Slow down now. Like Lannie and TGLC said, you will end up killing someone else. Could you live with yourself if you did that? The mere thought should be enough for you to drive sensibly for the rest of your life. If you're not capable of doing that, you shouldn't have a license.