A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: tables in Flash MX

tables in Flash MX

Hi All,

I'm using Flash MX to prepare a presentation CD. It will include a catalogue of products. These will consist of tables with maybe some pictures, mostly text. However, I can't form these in Flash, and I can't import them either?
    How can I place these tables in Flash? Any ideas? Capturing the screen and placing it as an image will take up too much space, I think. Maybe placing it as a JPG in an external .swf file? Is this possible ? Thank a lot,

Omer

Standrard flasher
    not sure what you mean exactly. if you mean the kind of tables contianing text or numbers that you make in html or excel, they're easy enough to make in flash with either the line drawer tool or the rectangle tool... am i way off?

re:

thank for the reply

yes, the tables like in excel and word. drawing them in flash is a solution, however, I have at least 20-30 large tables with lots of data to enter. any ideas? maybe I can import excel or word files somehow into flash mx? maybe capturing the tables as images, and storing them as external .swf files? to avoid having a too large flash file??
    thanks anyhow
    regards,
    omer