A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Bush isn't leading a nation, he's leading a cult!

Bush isn't leading a nation, he's leading a cult!

To attend CPAC is to crash through the looking glass into a world where passionate worship of the president is part of a brave rebellion against government, where Sweden is a hellish dystopia and Tom Daschle a die-hard Marxist. It's to realize that, despite the conservative hold on the White House, the Congress and the Supreme Court and the utter dejection among Democrats, right-wingers still fancy themselves an embattled minority facing an army of wily, ruthless leftists, who they hate with the righteous fury of the downtrodden.
    Has anyone here read this article?
    http://www.salon.com/news/feature/20.../index_np.html

Scary stuff here (Believe me - I didn't post the worst of it, or even close). I don't lean left or right (honestly I'm disillusioned with both parties), but isn't this essentially the administration openly supporting a hate group?

Please read the full article before responding if possible.

The article says that CPAC did not support the crazy bumper sticker guy. Of what value is an article like this? Robert Byrd is former KKK member. Do I believe that all Democrats are racist? No.

btw- is this the same Ritter you quote in your footer:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/01/26/rit...est/index.html

OK, so the CPAC didn't support the bumper sticker guy. What about the other rhetoric, merchandise, etc.?

I never saw a Democratic Vice President at a KKK rally. Though I've only been around for 23 yrs (feel free to dig up some circumstantial and unrelated evidence to prove me wrong).

That Ritter link is just silly - as I quote:
    Originally posted by indivision
    as is always the case in these threads, people with weak arguments resort to a spectrum of wild accusations that are completely unrelated to the issue at hand.

Originally posted by CNO
    OK, so the CPAC didn't support the bumper sticker guy. What about the other rhetoric, merchandise, etc.?

I never saw a Democratic Vice President at a KKK rally. Though I've only been around for 23 yrs (feel free to dig up some circumstantial and unrelated evidence to prove me wrong).

Way to deflect the fact that Scott Ritter is being charged with being a pedophile.

Originally posted by CNO

Do a history check for Robert Byrd.

I don't think my point about Ritter is out of context when the thread is based on a whacko article on Salon (formerly-known-as-the-left-wing-saloon).

Originally posted by gdstudios
    Way to deflect the fact that Scott Ritter is being charged with being a pedophile.
    Isn't just being charged.

Looks like this isn't the first time. He was caught a few years ago luring a 14 year old girl..who turned out to be a police officer.

He wasn't charged.

I do agree with CNO that that would be a change of subject.

CNO...what vice president attended a KKK rally?

We could hurl insults all day long.

I hope there is a higher purpose for this thread though.

I fail to see how the quote applies to the article.

Yeah...there are racist rednecks in the GOP. It's scary that some of these people are so open about their racism...but how does that relate to the Republican party?

Does CPAC support racism? No.
    Does Richard Cheney support racism? No.

Sounds like we have a non story.

And...just a word of warning..if we are going to start picking up kooks and comparing them to political parties..

The left is going to lose.

Leftist kooks...and we ALL know who they are...are the larger part of the Democrat base.

The republicans are NOT whining and acting like they are in the minority. That was creative writing.

If they were whining I would be ranting here about it.

Clif

Edit--

One more point.

Posting an article from LiberalOP-ED.com to prove the republicans are wrong, is like me quoting pat bucannan to prove the Dems are wrong!

this has to be one of the most pathetic threads I've seen.

I've lost respect for people here.

Señor member
    Originally posted by aversion

I don't understand it .. who is this Ritter fellow?
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

Oh yeah! I remember him now. He's the guy that addressed the Iraqi's one day saying the UN was wrong blah blah blah isn't he?

Originally posted by jamble7000
    I don't understand it .. who is this Ritter fellow?

A guy completly unrelated to this thread.

Here's a bio...

http://www.unitynetwork.net/events/ritter_bio.htm

Vice President Dick Cheney addresses the Conservative Political Action Conference in Arlington, Va., Jan. 30. Below, a bumper sticker for sale at the conference. - Salon.com article

Can we say "misleading"?

This is where rumors get started.

Originally posted by aversion

This hurts Av, really.

Listen - I didn't say that this is representative of the entire Republican Party. I said that this kind of behavior, from anybody, is frightening, and I think it sends the wrong message for our Vice President to bespeaking at this thing doing anything but denouncing some of the behavior in the article.

Certainly the article was written with a "lefty" slant. But does that automatically discredit all of the information contained within? Somehow I don't see Fox News reporting on issues like these, so yes, the article will more than likely appear in one of those "liberal media sources".

hehe. perhaps i should have started a brand new thread about the Ritter quote located in the footer.

i didn't add that comment because i didn't have an argument against the original article. rather, i felt the article was so pointless that i might throw the comment in here, rather than start a new thread. and i did address the article directly.

Originally posted by CNO
    Listen - I didn't say that this is representative of the entire Republican Party. I said that this kind of behavior, from anybody, is frightening, and I think it sends the wrong message for our Vice President to bespeaking at this thing doing anything but denouncing some of the behavior in the article.

Certainly the article was written with a "lefty" slant. But does that automatically discredit all of the information contained within? Somehow I don't see Fox News reporting on issues like these, so yes, the article will more than likely appear in one of those "liberal media sources".
    Yes...actually, stuff like this is always reported.

Your link discredits itself. It isn't because it is from Salon.com..it is because it insinuates something while admitting the truth.

In other words, it starts a rumor....and hides the truth deep within.

And if you wanted to have an honest discussion...why put a title that says Bush has a cult?

Clif

Clif, you're selling out Rush man, that's depressing. I think I'll call his show tomorrow and let him know.

Oh..you mean the avatar?

I needed a change...plus..I'll admit that the former one brought me more grief then it was worth.

Clif

I should know better than to post anything political here at Flashkit, lest everyone simultaneously jump onto their high horses. My bad.

Certainly there's enough right/left/center/etc. blogs out their to satiate anyone's need - have fun.

"Man can neither make him to whom he speaks, hear what he says, or believe what he hears"
    - Thomas Fuller, 1647