A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Korea reactivates its nuclear facilities.

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™

North Korea declares war!

okay, not really...

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/030205/w020586.html

Anyone have any information as to how the US military drafting process works...
    Last edited by gSOLO_01; 02-05-2003 at 08:57 PM.

four double oh 4

title scared me Thought we were gonna have to woop up on NK

now it works.

Wasn't the draft reinstated? yes? crap, I hope the doesn't escalade...

North Korea is next on our list.

I will volunteer if there is a draft... unlikely situation that it is.

After reading this article, I have a few questions for the "smarter" FK members, who know what they are talking about.

1)Why do North Korea and South Korea hate each other? We were talking about this in school a few days ago, but I was talking to a girl the whole time ( ) guess I should have payed attention

2)It seems to me that only people in the UN are "allowed" to have nukes, is this true, and why?

3)Why dont we just send some seals, spies, or something in there to find out whats going on?

Originally posted by indivision
    I will volunteer if there is a draft... unlikely situation that it is.

I was thinking about it too, I would be quite a weiner in battle though, so you might wanna stay on the other side of me

im quite active in this thread....

Señor member
    Originally posted by alty29
    1)Why do North Korea and South Korea hate each other?
    Korea was occupied by Japan until the end of World War II.

After World War II, Korea was divided. North Korea became communist, meaning the government controlled land, wealth and industry. In 1950 North Korea invaded South Korea, which was allied with several democratic countries. Fearing the spread of communism, the U.S. helped South Korea fight the North.

Other countries were also involved. British, Australian, and Philippine soldiers fought alongside the South Korean army.

After three years of brutal war, the two sides worked out an armistice-- a temporary cease-fire agreement-- on July 27, 1953. The front line was accepted as the boundary between North and South Korea.

The armistice called for an international conference to find a political solution to the problem of Korea's division. This conference met in Geneva, Switzerland in April 1954 but, after seven weeks of futile debate, ended without agreement or progress.

A peace treaty has never been agreed upon.

2)It seems to me that only people in the UN are "allowed" to have nukes, is this true, and why?
    I think anyone can technically have nuclear weapons but it's not a cheap or easy thing to do. It's not limited to members of NATO/UN. They do make efforts to regulate use/stockpiling but countries such as North Korea are perfectly able to tell them to sod off.

3)Why dont we just send some seals, spies, or something in there to find out whats going on?
    I don't think it's quite as easy as that, especially in a country like North Korea. It's effectively closed off to the outside world so a US Navy Seal (I assume you don't mean a sea dwelling seal) would stick out like a sore thumb.

There are defectors from the country who escape to China and South Korea who provide information but the country is truly sealed to all intents and purposes making any sort of ground level spying nearly impossible.
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

Originally posted by alty29
    After reading this article, I have a few questions for the "smarter" FK members, who know what they are talking about.

1)Why do North Korea and South Korea hate each other? We were talking about this in school a few days ago, but I was talking to a girl the whole time ( ) guess I should have payed attention

1) I believe there are complex cultural reasons for this divide but a large factor is simply that the North is Communist and the South is Democratic.

2) Not true. The IAEA mandates that countries that do not currently possess nuclear weapons are not "allowed" to develop them. North Korea appears to be acting in violation of this mandate.

3) It's not really necessary when they are declaring what they are doing. But I am sure we have eyes on it as well.

Ummmm, someone else wanna help out here?

Doesn't the UN not include every country including Iraq and North Korea?

I really doubt there isn't spies already in there for a whole lot of different countries including america. I think North Korea will be a slighty tougher opponent than Iraq.

Originally posted by gdstudios
    North Korea is next on our list.
    Why so bloodthirsty? I like how you used our list.

Originally posted by CVO Chris
    I think North Korea will be a slighty tougher opponent than Iraq.
    The UN is the UnitedNations... you have to meet certain criteria to be a member.. not causing pain and suffering to your own people... etc...

Didn't America "tool up" North Korea with all their old equiptment? Or was that the Russians?

Señor member
    Originally posted by CVO Chris
    Why so bloodthirsty? I like how you used our list.
    we're neck deep in Blair's war mongering whether we like it or not.

North Korea should really be top of "the list" I would have thought but the simple fact that they have a highly trained and well equiped army negates the possibility of a US/UK led attack on them.

As an aside, since there are plenty of these threads, did anyone see that program last week on BBC4 where a bloke took a holiday in the axis of evil countries? It was absolutely brilliant, he went to North Korea, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Syria and Cuba and met locals etc
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

Señor member
    Originally posted by Markp.com
    The UN is the UnitedNations... you have to meet certain criteria to be a member.. not causing pain and suffering to your own people... etc...

Didn't America "tool up" North Korea with all their old equiptment? Or was that the Russians?
    the US tooled up South Korea pinder.
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

Originally posted by jamble7000
    As an aside, since there are plenty of these threads, did anyone see that program last week on BBC4 where a bloke took a holiday in the axis of evil countries? It was absolutely brilliant, he went to North Korea, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Syria and Cuba and met locals etc
    Did he have fun? Playing on the beaches, avoiding land mines? I didn't see it... explain more monkey man

the US tooled up South Korea pinder.
    So the Ruski's tooled up the north?

Señor member
    Did he have fun? Playing on the beaches, avoiding land mines? I didn't see it... explain more monkey man
    I heart Iraq

Not a massively detailled account but the programme was actually 3 hours long, I suspect they will end up showing it again on BBC4 in which case I'd recommend watching it.
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

Sounds like an interesting program!

All four programmes in the Holiday in the Axis of Evil series will be screened in the UK on BBC Four on 31 January from 2250 GMT; and will be repeated on BBC Two on 10, 11, 17, 18 February at 2320 GMT.
    And this poor lad... well it made me laugh

Can you please show these on BBC America? I can't take much more Changing Rooms, Home Invaders and Ground Force. We already have plenty of home decorating channels on cable & satellite. Please give us British documentaries.
    H Sirett, US, formerly UK

Señor member
    Sounds like an interesting program!
    definitely, the one where he visits North Korea is very interesting and his tour guide in Syria is hilarious
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

we're neck deep in Blair's war mongering whether we like it or not.

North Korea should really be top of "the list" I would have thought but the simple fact that they have a highly trained and well equiped army negates the possibility of a US/UK led attack on them.

I agree for once. The North Korea situation is more directly threatening to the world than the Iraq one.