dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: what would you charge?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    14

    what would you charge?

    I'm a freelance designer and web developer -- but I haven't done a lot of flash projects for pay. I have a client wanting a 90 sec. mega flash intro/commercial like piece to be presented on a jumbo trom - if you can imagine! Anyway I would love input from y'all on what to charge for this.

  2. #2
    Moderator RazoRmedia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,016
    8 million golden squirrels and a bucket of fish!

    seriously though, how long would you spend on it? will they supply all the graphics needed?

    Even if you give us as much information as possible, it is hard to give you an estimate as we don't know your skills, experience, background etc.

    Use this formula

    how much you think you're worth an hour * (hours you think it'll take * 3)

    Muchos regardez senior
    Living the dream

  3. #3
    Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    998
    Originally posted by RazoRmedia
    8 million golden squirrels and a bucket of fish!

    seriously though, how long would you spend on it? will they supply all the graphics needed?

    Even if you give us as much information as possible, it is hard to give you an estimate as we don't know your skills, experience, background etc.

    Use this formula

    how much you think you're worth an hour * (hours you think it'll take * 3)

    Muchos regardez senior

    You just can't justify more than 7.5 million golden squirrels and a litter of pickled herring now-a-days for a flash intro. Razors figures are definately on the high side of high end design me thinks.

  4. #4
    An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    You know where
    Posts
    1,918
    A bag of Twiglets and a Vimto. No more, no less.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

  5. #5
    Banned vampstko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    946
    a 10 pack of viagra some cheap porn movies and a bottle of moutain dew


    or

    3 goats and 2 rabbits

  6. #6
    Senior Member dlowe93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    621
    Originally posted by vampstko
    a 10 pack of viagra some cheap porn movies and a bottle of moutain dew


    or

    3 goats and 2 rabbits
    Wow. Remind me to never accept an invitation to one of Vamp's parties.

    I don't think that's even legal around here, and Portland's a very liberal city…



    d.
    dlowe93

  7. #7
    Monkey Wrangler monsterfx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Lawrence, KS - USA
    Posts
    347
    Originally posted by vampstko
    3 goats and 2 rabbits
    Yeah, but barter income is a real pain in the butt to report come tax time. Best to stay away from it.

  8. #8
    Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    998
    so the day you can pay the IRS in goats and viagra is the day you'll work for chickens?

  9. #9
    Senior Member dlowe93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    621
    Originally posted by serpent star
    so the day you can pay the IRS in goats and viagra is the day you'll work for chickens?
    Although it would be just like the IRS to take 1/3 of a goat.

    "Whatddya mean 'what are you supposed to do with 2/3rds of a dead goat?' That's really not our problem is it?"

    d.
    dlowe93

  10. #10
    Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    998
    Originally posted by dlowe93
    Although it would be just like the IRS to take 1/3 of a goat.

    "Whatddya mean 'what are you supposed to do with 2/3rds of a dead goat?' That's really not our problem is it?"

    d.

    LOL....


    what I want to know is, how would I calculate depreciation and recovery time on a live goat.


    These are the questions I've been troubled with ever since I started this venture.

  11. #11
    Senior Member dlowe93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    621
    Originally posted by serpent star
    LOL....


    what I want to know is, how would I calculate depreciation and recovery time on a live goat.


    These are the questions I've been troubled with ever since I started this venture.
    That's why i have a good accountant. Unfortunately, he only takes payment in live monkeys…

    d.
    dlowe93

  12. #12
    Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    998
    Originally posted by dlowe93
    That's why i have a good accountant. Unfortunately, he only takes payment in live monkeys…

    d.

    Do you think I could talk him into accepting golden squirrels as payment? If so, send me his number, d. This doing taxes stuff is for the birds.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    308
    This reminds me of that Two Cows political thing...

    Fee per page view on the above site is 1/2 monkey + GST (Goat Sales Tax) + PST (Pointless Silliness Tax).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center