A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: The dumbest question in the world!

The dumbest question in the world!

Well, I've never even dabbed at the idea of buying stocks, but now the idea has caught my attention. Is it possible to buy them online? How do I buy them? I've searched google, but couldn't find anything real interesting..

Sorry for the n00b question..
    TemplateFreak.com- Pre-Designed Online Identities

jamez, you are thinking of buying at a time when all the big money is getting out. If you can afford to sit on shares for a long period of time and won't miss the money invested then you will probably see long term gain.

If you are looking for a quick buck then now is probably not the best time. unless you have shares in lockhead.
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

Alright, thanks for the advice Swampy . When you say "long term" is that meaning a year or so?

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    I would say two or three years.

But when stocks are low is clearly the time to invest, that is when, historially, the most money is made. of course it takes a few years.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Originally posted by Jamez Brown
    Alright, thanks for the advice Swampy . When you say "long term" is that meaning a year or so?
    hehe, If I was that much of an expert I wouldn't be wasting my time here, I'd be on a yaught in the Bahamas, soaking up the sun surrounded by nubile young ladies.

[edit]

... a "yaught" being a really big and more expensive term for a common or garden yacht
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

Originally posted by swampy
    hehe, If I was that much of an expert I wouldn't be wasting my time here, I'd be on a yaught in the Bahamas, soaking up the sun surrounded by nubile young ladies.
    I thought that was standard compensation for being a Flashkit mod?

That's it - get Starkey on the phone.

Originally posted by SpyderTL.com
    https://www.etrade.com/global.html
    Thanks for the help

I'd say if you've got spare change, but some stocks now while everyone's leaving the market. Once all the talk of war is over, everybody and their monther will start buying again, and you'll be making some
    I don't have a signature

Of course it depends on your locale, but stocks are on the way down, which means time to buy... war = gold++ and stocks-- but all those gold investors will come back into stock when it's all quiet on the western front. Buy in now while everyone is telling you not too, lol.

E.