A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: loading an external swf into nested placeholder automaticly???

loading an external swf into nested placeholder automaticly???

Ok I have movie where a preloader loads the main movie then jumps to the frame that all the action script and main background, nav, essentials live.

As that frame gets hit it runs a function that checks to make sure that the index_mc is the initial active MC and slides that into position where it's supposed to be.

Here is my problem, I have been trying to figure out a way to automaticly load an external.swf into a placeHolder_mc that sits(nested) in the index_mc so that as the index_mc slides into place the external.swf loads into placeHolder_mc.

I know to use loadMovie and how to target the right clip but what is the event that I should use to trigger the loadMovie? I dont want it initialized by a mouse event I just want it to load when that second frame gets hit.

I have tried a bunch of different ways of doing this but being a novice I am not sure what I am doing wrong. If anyone could help me I would be unbelievable thankful.

if you want the code to be triggered when the playhead reaches the second frame, attach the code to that frame...
    (Insert a keyframe in that frame, select it, and open the actions pane)

something like:
    Code:
    placeHolder_mc.loadMovie("external.swf");

thx nunomira

Big up for answering a begginers question!