A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Defender of Rock

Defender of Rock

Ive just set up a new site that Ive been working on as a personal project. Constructive critisism & suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Here's the link...Shredman - Defender of Rock
    "I like the way he calls himeself Yngwie J. Malmsteen... just so you don't get him mixed up with all the other Yngwie Malmsteen's" (David St. Hubbins - Spinal Tap)

will eat you alive
    Dunno what to say really, I like it from start to finish! It's well thought out and clearly you know what you're doing.

I've always wanted to do something similar but never got round to it. Hmm, that makes out that I think you've got a lot of time on your hands, doesn't it?! Thoroughly worthwhile excursion though, inventive, humourous and technically sound. I can't really fault it at all. Face it, it's gonna be a cold day in hell when something betters a baby making the devil's horns sign.

The only thing I would say is that you still have the 'right-click' menus up on your flash file. I don't know if this is intended or not but if it was me I'd get rid of it.

One question, though. Shredman - is it you?!

lol, pretty cool

brilliant!

Angus McFartin is superb -- what about moving Shredman's hand up the fretboard when he's playing up the top end?

All great ... nice one!
    G

Thanks

Thanks for the comments...
    telekin: it has taken me a while, the next episode is going to take me even longer as Im making the animation a lot more refined. The right clicking on the swf's hadn't occured to me ... I'll take 'em off. Is Shredman me? Well, I guess he is what I would like to be... if I could be a superhero!

glasjaz: Im working on setting up Shredman playing in several positions on the keyboard which can then be reused for different episodes... hopefully, saving me a bit of production time.
    "I like the way he calls himeself Yngwie J. Malmsteen... just so you don't get him mixed up with all the other Yngwie Malmsteen's" (David St. Hubbins - Spinal Tap)

Flash Rice
    huehuehuehu cool toons
    Be better today than yesterday

http://www.ivankandi.com