dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: scifi loops

scifi loops

I'm looking for scifi loops. Flash Kit seems to only have music. I'm looking for something that sounds like a computer 'thinking'. I'm new to sound loops. Any ideas?

gamist

((0_0))
    You could easily make your own. I just tried it with a program called Fruityloops. What you do is find yourself a nice blip or beep sound and sequence the little bugger at randomly positioned notes/pitches.
    In fruityloops I opened a 3xOsc (a blip/beep sound generator)channel then just drawn in random notes/pitches along the timeline. Then I added some delay and reverb effects to give it some sense of depth to a tempo of around 110bpm.
    That is one way of doing it...
    ...or you could have a number of SWF movies - each with one blip/beep sound at different pitches. Apply each movie with some actionscript that would play it's blip/beep sound at completely random times.
    So, when you have you page load up with these numerous hidden Flash movies you should here blips/beeps going off at random - meaning it should never sound the same each time your page loads up. This is generative music. Makes sense?
    As for the actionscipt, I can't remember it. I think Hp3 gave me it - so ask him
    An small example of my Fruityloops effort is attached.

Later
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks

your loop is cool. If I can't find what I want, I would consider taking the time to learn how to make one. Thanks for the advice.

gamist

((0_0))
    Cool... making your own is a lot of fun.
    Good luck.

Jon

Don't know exactly what you meany by computer thinking ( mine just makes some noise when hard drive spins.)
    Last edited by kolegaboy; 05-15-2003 at 03:06 PM.
    The coolest sig. is yet to come