A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Transparent Png problems

Transparent Png problems

Hi.

When importing my 32 bit PNG's with a tranparent bkgrnd,I see a box around where its supposed to be transparent.On a white canvas colour its fine,but if its on top of any graphics,there is slight discolourization around the png,any idea why this is? Is that as transparent as Flash can handle? No biggie,just hate it is all.

Lemme know please and thanks!

If you use a channel to separate what is transparent and what not I guess your filling>forground background colour isn't set up wright.Either hit command x or double click forground colour.change the settings for white to C0M0Y0K0.as for background colour C100M100Y100K100.So what is transparent should have these black fill and what's visible should have the white fill.Channels work just like layer masks.If you would fill your mask with 90 percent black the image whill still be 10 visible of its original opacity.I guess this is the problem your dealing with.

Not sure on same track-transparent png

The png's were made in Fireworks,with a transparent background already.When the image is imported into Flash,the transparent portion is slightly "milky". I understand re the white/black levels in channels,alphas,etc,but this image is correct from Fireworks,but Flash has trouble with the transparent section.Also,this seems to not show up on some computers..perhpas its a resolution issue with a monitor?

Make sure your monitors Displays Settings are set to 32Bit
    Wash My Dirty Mouth

I don't know which version of fireworks you have, but from version 3 you can actually just export the image straigh to swf and import that into your movie.

So far I've not had any discolouration issues.

Then again, megatoon has a pointy with the display settings, I've had anomolies with 0% alpha flash objects still showing with a sligtly lighter border soemtimes, I've even had edges appear on shapes of the the same colour overlaid.

Might be worth experimenting with the .swf export from fireworks, it's pretty good for lossless images with alpha layers.

cheers

John
    . . . .

Colour settings

Yes,it seems that it is the monitor settings,you must use true colour 32 bit resolution,then that prob goes away..Yeesh..Thanks for the help.