dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: link back to a scene

KITERDAN

link back to a scene

Hello
    I need to know if there's any way to link back from an external file (button) to a specific scene in my movie so I dont have to see the entire movie again. thank you

aka Arcanimus
    Not really, you can just make a new SWF file of your movie and swich the scene you want it to go to to be first. or just make a page with scene selection so people can see which scene they want.

What kind of external file are you talking about?

Like an HTML index page with links to all the different scenes?
    Perhaps something can be done with javascript or the like that parses something through to the movie which some actionscript could read and start at the specific scene.
    Let me know if this is what you mean and I'll see if that's possible, if you like.

You can make html and flash talk through javascript, but in your case, it might be better to cut up the flash (scenes) into different movies. Otherwise you will have to load the whole flash everytime you click whatever button. If you have more smaller files you only load one at a time and it will be loaded much quicker.

KITERDAN
    Hello everyone,

Thanks for the great feedback. I will try to make my preloader on a different swf so I can link my main scene by itself.

aka Arcanimus
    Just like i suggested